Error when trying to register in Trac

Joachim

Apr 3, 2021, 3:30:08 AM4/3/21
to Sahana-Eden
Hi everybody,

I'm new to Sahana and still looking around to find my way on the website, so sorry if my question is stupid.

I tried to register with Trac to see one of those "Easy Bugs" mentioned on th ewiki startpage.
 However, I encountered an error doing so - see attached screenshot for details.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Joachimregistration_error.JPG

Dominic König

Apr 3, 2021, 6:23:50 AM4/3/21
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
Hi--

the Trac bug tracker is no longer in use, all issues have been moved to:
https://github.com/sahana/eden/issues

However, even that list is no longer being maintained, so any issues listed
there may be out of date, or no longer of interest.

There is not really anything that can be recommended as a starting point for
new contributors, for all of those which once existed have proved insufficient
to attract contributions in the long run, and have therefore largely been
abandoned.

That said, if you in fact are interested in contributing, and can tell us a
bit about your skills and interests, we could perhaps find you an area to work
on.

Dominic
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sahana-eden/29b9a7bc-a5c5-4c75-9b5b-620bb
> 8369aa0n%40googlegroups.com.

signature.asc

Joachim

Apr 3, 2021, 7:53:39 AM4/3/21
to Sahana-Eden
Hi Dominic,

thanks for the quick response.

Actually, I first wanted to look at those "easy bugs" to see whether my skills could be helpful *before* offering contributions, but ok then - let's do it the other way round ;-)

My IT background  started with programming in various languages (mainly python, c++, fortran) in the domain of simulation, data acquisition and data analysis many years back at university.
After that, I worked several years as system analyst.
Nowadays, IT is no longer core part of my job, but I'm still curious...

With respect to sahana and humanitarian stuff, my background is long-term voluntary membership in German Red Cross (crisis management and civil protection).

Hth,
Joachim

Dominic König

Apr 3, 2021, 10:37:47 AM4/3/21
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
Joachim--

can I ask which federal state you're from?

I've been working with the DRK on several Sahana solutions since 2015, and of
the two state-level deployments for COVID-19 response I'm currently involved
in, the DRK is one of the prominent user groups.

If you like, we can talk on Skype / Zoom or similar about current Sahana
activities in Germany (I do speak German) - and about the tentative future
roadmap I'm working to establish there.

I'm pretty sure you'll quickly find a role in that, and I really could use a
few more hands - in particular people who are local and connected.

Dominic
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sahana-eden/a3f72a82-e795-4c55-b358-7b3a9
> c687783n%40googlegroups.com.

signature.asc

Joachim

Apr 3, 2021, 2:44:21 PM4/3/21
to Sahana-Eden
Dominic,

sure - I'm from North Rhine-Westphalia, and more precisely from the North Rhine branch of the German Red Cross.
So definitively not one of those two state-level deployments, but maybe we'll get a third one up and running.

Happy to do some sort of video talk next week, if you like.

Thanks and frohe Ostern
Joachim

Dominic König

Apr 3, 2021, 4:48:30 PM4/3/21
to Sahana-Eden, Joachim
Right,

both deployments are in your neighbouring state to the south.

Their project lead told me that he's going to give a short presentation about
the projects at the upcoming FOSSGIS conference - in case you're interested,
although that's still a bit away:
https://pretalx.com/fossgis2021/talk/BVZEKS

For well-known reasons, this year's FOSSGIS is going virtual, and therefore
probably easier to attend for a wider audience.

Yes, let's talk some time next week - send me an off-list email how you're
available and then I'll arrange the call.

Dominic
signature.asc