Usability Enhancements

Michael Howden

Aug 23, 2010, 6:07:32 PM8/23/10
to sahan...@googlegroups.com

Hello All,

I’ve submitted code to hide the list_add by default and display it with JS. I think we should think about always diplaying this button/hidden-form (if user has persmissions), to have a consistent look throughout the system.

I think that we really need to consider the Index pages. Most of the time they don’t do anything except stand between the user and what they want to see…

Here are some tasks then really only require some good CSS

·        Better Style for class action-btn (I think that the text is too light, and input[type=submit] should use the same style)

·        Rheader Tabs: Make them look more like tabs:

o   Don’t have grey text for un-selected – it looks like they’re disabled

o   Spaces between the tabs

o   No line better the selected tab and the main body

o   Box around the entire body

Some hints on CSS in Sahana:

http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/DeveloperGuidelinesCSS

Cheers

Michael

Hsiaojan Liu

Aug 24, 2010, 6:32:56 AM8/24/10
to Sahana-Eden
Po wen from TW team has been working this in the camp today.
Will upload by tomorrow.

Hsiaojan
On 8月24日, 上午6時07分, "Michael Howden" <michael.how...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've submitted code to hide the list_add by default and display it with JS.
> I think we should think about always diplaying this button/hidden-form (if
> user has persmissions), to have a consistent look throughout the system.
>
> I think that we really need to consider the Index pages. Most of the time
> they don't do anything except stand between the user and what they want to
> see.
>
> Here are some tasks then really only require some good CSS
>
> .        Better Style for class action-btn (I think that the text is too
> light, and input[type=submit] should use the same style)
>
> .        Rheader Tabs: Make them look more like tabs:
>
> o   Don't have grey text for un-selected - it looks like they're disabled

pwchi

Aug 25, 2010, 4:12:30 AM8/25/10
to Sahana-Eden