Dashboard Creation on Eden

Muhammad Saleh

Jan 2, 2023, 12:25:42 AM1/2/23
to Sahana-Eden
Hi All,
Please can I create a Dashboard report of all my tables on a single page in Sahana Eden? Please can someone put me through?
Regards

Louiqa Raschid

Jan 2, 2023, 2:08:57 AM1/2/23
to Sahana-Eden
Sahana Eden has extensive functionality and a large number of relational tables so it makes little sense to create such a dashboard.
If you provide some details of how you plan to use Sahana someone may be able to provide you with details.

Nuwan Waidyanatha

Jan 2, 2023, 10:26:58 PM1/2/23
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
There is an abstract reporting function that is inherited by every
module and should work with the endpoint /reporting. I couldn't find a
specific example but here's the blueprint
https://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/BluePrint/Reporting

This gives you all the charts, pivot tables, and options to select
groups of attributes to view the data. If you want all the module
specific data in a single page, then you'll need to create a new CSS
and use the respective endpoints to get the respective data.

Nuwan

Fran Boon

Jan 3, 2023, 3:34:18 AM1/3/23
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
Further to what my colleagues have said, which I agree with:

The standard pages that are easy to configure are:

* Profile page
- this is a single resource (e.g. Hospital or Organisation) with various widgets that relate to it, which can be a Map, form, lists (Tables or Cards) of component resources (e.g. Staff, Patients).

* Summary page
- this is a set of resources (e.g. Hospitals or Organisations) with Tabs for seeing them in Table, Report or Map form (with common filters whose settings are retained across the tabs)

If you want to create a custom Dashboard which is different to these standard options, then you will indeed need to create a custom page...potentially using some of the same widgets as on the other pages, mixed with custom widgets.
There are several examples of custom Dashboard pages in the code, such as this one, which targets various aspects of the Logistics module:

Best Wishes,
Fran.

Muhammad Saleh

Jan 3, 2023, 6:20:26 PM1/3/23
to Sahana-Eden
Thank you all for the kind feedback. Actually, I wanted to deploy the Sahana Eden to manage the post-insurgency ( Boko Haram) Development in Borno State Nigeria. I just need a custom page where I can be able to display various reports for the Executive Governor to track the progress of development in the state. Can someone please help me develop the custom page with some sample widgets that I can easily customize?
Thank you and Best Regards

Nuwan Waidyanatha

Jan 7, 2023, 10:46:23 AM1/7/23
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
Dear Muhammad

A) As Louiqa pointed out you need to provide details as to exactly
what workflows or user stories you wish to manage; then we can point
you to existing modules that you could potentially leverage for your
post-insurgency use case

B) We are an open source community that volunteer our time as and when
we like and how we like to. We are not compelled nor have a budget
with a dedicated team to undertake any developments. If you are unable
to do it yourself or find someone to do it for you and if you have a
budget you can ask one of the service providers to help you:
https://sahanafoundation.org/eden/providers/

best regards
Nuwan