request for help

已查看 27 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Muhammad Saleh

未读,
2020年10月4日 17:35:582020/10/4
收件人 Sahana-Eden
Hi everybody My name is Muhammad from Maiduguri Nigeria. I'm new to Sahana infant I came across it last two weeks.i was task to create a database that could manage and coordinate the humanitarian crisis created by Boko Haram. I found out that Sahara could do exactly what I want, but aim new to it, I found it very difficult to deploy in either AWS server or Pythonanywhere I follow all the instruction on the Sahana eden site but to no avail. I seriously need someone to mentor and guide me or if possible to set things up for me.
hope to hear from you guys soon

Nuwan Waidyanatha

未读,
2020年10月6日 00:55:492020/10/6
收件人 Sahana Software Foundation
Hi Muhammed,

Everyone struggles a bit on their first encounter, so don't be disheartened. What would help is to tell us exactly what went wrong or what error messages you see or a step by step narration of what you did and at what point you are struggling.

best wishes
Nuwan

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 5:36 AM Muhammad Saleh <amscomp...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everybody My name is Muhammad from Maiduguri Nigeria. I'm new to Sahana infant I came across it last two weeks.i was task to create a database that could manage and coordinate the humanitarian crisis created by Boko Haram. I found out that Sahara could do exactly what I want, but aim new to it, I found it very difficult to deploy in either AWS server or Pythonanywhere I follow all the instruction on the Sahana eden site but to no avail. I seriously need someone to mentor and guide me or if possible to set things up for me.
hope to hear from you guys soon

Muhammad Saleh

未读,
2020年10月7日 06:29:142020/10/7
收件人 Sahana-Eden

thanks Nuwan Waidyanatha for getting back to me so quickly Ive just frustrated this past week trying to deploy Sahara in either pythonanywhere or AWS cloud, may I give you access to my python anywhere account to help me set up my account so that I can continue from there. Iam hoping to here from you and anyone that can assist on that matter. thanks

Nuwan Waidyanatha

未读,
2020年10月7日 10:48:462020/10/7
收件人 Sahana Software Foundation、Dominic König

thanks Nuwan Waidyanatha for getting back to me so quickly Ive just frustrated this past week trying to deploy Sahara in either pythonanywhere or AWS cloud,

I think you mean "Sahana" and not "Sahara". The word Sahana has an important meaning behind it :-)

I presume you are following these instructions?
From the wiki history, I see that the instructions haven't been updated for 14 months. Since then Sahana EDEN has had several upgrades including migrating to the latest versions of Python and Web2Py and PyDAL etc. @Dominic König could better inform you of these updates. So I'm not sure how those might affect the pythonanywhere instructions, if at all.

To be honest I've never used pythonanywhere. If you are using AWS cloud what is the reason that you are not following the recommended Sahana AWS instructions? It has been well tested and used frequently and is better supported - Recommended Sahana AWS installation guide: http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/InstallationGuidelines/Amazon

may I give you access to my python anywhere account to help me set up my account so that I can continue from there.

I could help you but it won't be a voluntary effort as I am doing now providing support over this email channel or the slack channel. It would be considered a Sahana Service because I need to commit my time, which is what the Services Providers typically do for a fee: https://sahanafoundation.org/eden/providers/ (you might find it cost-effective)

As they say in the opensource world - if you have the time but no money then take the time to do it yourself ... but if you don't have the time or patience but have the money then get someone to do it for you :-)

Iam hoping to here from you and anyone that can assist on that matter. thanks

Again, it would narrate what you did and what went wrong. Then from our experience, we can give some pointers to help you speed up dealing with the issues. Without such details, it is impossible to support.

We are only responsible for the Sahan code and not for any other platforms. Having said that we have vented several platforms that Sahana works well and is easy to deploy such as the AWS EC2 Free Tier that is highly recommended, at least for a start and to get a feel for it.

all the best
Nuwan

On Tuesday, October 6, 2020 at 5:55:49 AM UTC+1 Nuwan Waidyanatha wrote:
[...]

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子