Eden Installation Request

Santhosh Emmadi

Nov 15, 2021, 4:46:54 AM11/15/21
to Sahana-Eden
Hi Team,
i'm trying to setup eden application in my local system using  debian_ubuntu_eden_dev.3.2.2.sh file getting AWS S3 realated issues(Refer screenshots).  kindly help us on setup.

Thanks & Regards,
Santhosh Emmadi
sahana4.png
sahana3.png
sahana2.png
sahan1.png

Santhosh Emmadi

Nov 16, 2021, 2:26:25 AM11/16/21
to Sahana-Eden

Hi Team,

Can you help on below mentioned issue(During the setup we are getting below mentioned issue).
We are following this refernce link ( https://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/InstallationGuidelines/Linux/Server/CherokeePostgreSQL#Next ) to installing the sahana eden applocation.

ACTION REQUIRED: No module named html.parser
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "web2py.py", line 55, in <module>
    gluon.widget.start()
  File "/home/test/gluon/widget.py", line 745, in start
    fake_migrate=options.fake_migrate)
  File "/home/test/gluon/shell.py", line 277, in run
    _env = env(a, c=c, f=f, import_models=import_models, extra_request=extra_request)
  File "/home/test/gluon/shell.py", line 181, in env
    run_models_in(environment)
  File "/home/test/gluon/compileapp.py", line 563, in run_models_in
    restricted(ccode, environment, layer=model)
  File "/home/test/gluon/restricted.py", line 219, in restricted
    exec(ccode, environment)
  File "applications/eden/models/000_1st_run.py", line 69, in <module>
    raise HTTP(500, body=html)
gluon.http.HTTP: 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

Thanks & Regards,
Santhosh Emmadi
Screenshot from 2021-11-16 12-52-46.png

Fran Boon

Nov 18, 2021, 4:11:30 AM11/18/21
to Sahana Software Foundation
On Mon, 15 Nov 2021 at 09:46, Santhosh Emmadi <eskg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i'm trying to setup eden application in my local system using debian_ubuntu_eden_dev.3.2.2.sh file getting AWS S3 realated issues(Refer screenshots). kindly help us on setup.

That is a very old script (7 years old), so I wouldn't expect it to
work...it can still be a guide as the same fundamental principles
apply, but critically the version of Python has changed for Trunk (2.x
-> 3.x, which is a major change)
Stable still works with both.
https://github.com/sahana/eden-stable

Fran Boon

Nov 18, 2021, 4:15:40 AM11/18/21
On Tue, 16 Nov 2021 at 07:26, Santhosh Emmadi <eskg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you help on below mentioned issue(During the setup we are getting below mentioned issue).
> We are following this refernce link ( https://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/InstallationGuidelines/Linux/Server/CherokeePostgreSQL#Next ) to installing the sahana eden applocation.
> ACTION REQUIRED: No module named html.parser

What Operating System are you running these scripts on?

The scripts assume installation on Debian...they haven't yet been
updated for the latest Debian 11 though...so perhaps this is what you
are using?
The scripts in that case would assume you are running Debian 7...

Santhosh Emmadi

Nov 18, 2021, 5:51:39 AM11/18/21
to Sahana-Eden
Hi Fran,
Thanks for your response.
I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 Operating system. tried in both python 2 and 3 but it's not working.

Thanks & Regards,
Santhosh Emmadi

Fran Boon

Nov 18, 2021, 6:01:38 AM11/18/21
On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 at 10:51, Santhosh Emmadi <eskg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 Operating system. tried in both python 2 and 3 but it's not working.

It is a few years since I used Ubuntu.
In general it is Debian-like, e.g. uses apt-get to install packages,
however a complex installation script like the one that we have won't
'just work' - it will need tailoring...especially when we already cope
with several different versions of Debian.

I see that 16.04 is a couple of years old now
Looking at the version of Python this comes with, this is 2.7 or 3.5:
https://releases.ubuntu.com/16.04/ubuntu-16.04.7-server-amd64.list

Either of these should work fine with -stable.
If you want trunk then only 3.5 will work.

To find out what needs changing in the Debian scripts to make them
work with Ubuntu, I suggest running each line from the script manually
to see what happens...and you may also need to look around the target
system to see if what it is looking for exists, etc

It can probably be made to work with a couple of hours of fiddling.

Santhosh Emmadi

Nov 18, 2021, 6:26:56 AM11/18/21
to Sahana-Eden
Thank you Fran for quick support.