web2py-2.20.4

Dominic König

Sep 25, 2020, 6:07:00 AM9/25/20
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody--

I just realized I should have announced this earlier, so my apologies in case
you have experienced any trouble with this:

Current Sahana Eden trunk runs with web2py-2.20.4-stable.

IMPORTANT! note, however:

Due to a breaking change in PyDAL, Eden core is no longer backwards-compatible
with earlier web2py versions - so if you pull from Eden trunk now, it is
mandatory that you also upgrade web2py (and its PyDAL submodule).

Same applies the other way around: if you upgrade to web2py-2.20.4-stable, you
must also upgrade Eden (older Eden will not work with 2.20.4).

If you need advise or assistance with the upgrade, please ask.

---

This is a bit unfortunate, but then the previously supported web2py-2.18.5 was
broken itself and in need of patching - and it is too old by now to accept the
effort and likely performance penalty of a compatibility fix.

The new web2py-2.20.4-stable has so far passed all tests and we haven't found
any problems yet that would require patching. Of course, as always, if you
find issues, please report them here.

Best wishes,
Dominic
signature.asc