Still Under Development?

Alex Roston

May 7, 2023, 2:21:10 PM5/7/23
to Sahana-Eden
Hi Everyone,

I'm considering using Sahana Eden for a project, and was looking at the Sahana Eden github located at https://github.com/sahana/eden. I noticed that there was only one commit since last year. Is Sahana Eden still under active development, or has a new github been started of which I'm unaware? Was there a fork? If the software is no longer being developed, is there an alternative which provides some of the same capabilities?

Thanks for any light you can shine on this subject.

Alex

John Cornelison

May 7, 2023, 4:05:35 PM5/7/23
to Sahana-Eden

Alex,

My understanding is that no, there is not another more active fork, and yes development is only incremental. However many of major modules do work and some are in regular use by elements of the UN and others.

This forum has a number of folks ready to help with problems, but probably not ready to jump in with new development currently!

And no, I’m not aware of any alternatives focused on this domain. Are you looking for particular functionality?

  • John

Alex Roston

May 7, 2023, 4:23:00 PM5/7/23
to Sahana-Eden
Hi John,

I've been thinking of treating the digital divide as a disaster, and using Sahana Eden to connect the various anti-digital divide workers in my local area. The idea is not much more than an inspiration at this point, but I'm interested enough in the possibilities - I really like Sahana Eden's focus on logistics - to do some basic due diligence, such as examining the mailing list and commits. The only other software that seems near the same space is Ushahidi, which _is_ under active development, but seems much less fit for the work.

Thanks,

Alex