New Install

Scott Currie

Jan 31, 2023, 10:48:09 AM1/31/23
to Sahana-Eden
Greetings all,
I'm trying to install Eden to review it and see if it will work for our group. I have good Linux skills, but am by no means an admin. Here is what I have done:
Built a new Debian 11 system
Downloaded and ran the user-data.sh script, which seems to have run without errors
Edited the 000_config.py file (no changes from the defaults) commented the "remove this line"
Created an admin account
Started a deployment using default settings
Created a user account

When I log in with the user account, I am left with a blank browser that says this site has a redirection problem.

I can't figure out what I have missed. This is all running locally, no cloud service involved.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
-Scott

Nuwan Waidyanatha

Feb 5, 2023, 8:17:19 PM2/5/23
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott,

Sorry for the late reply, I was in Spring Festival mode these past few weeks.

Nice that you got as far as you did. It's hard to interpret the bug
from the description. A screenshot or any warning message might be
helpful. Have you looked at the Web2Py logs? A blank homepage is
typical but should still display the menu items. If you do have a menu
item you can access the logs from the Admin menu. Otherwise, you will
need to find the directory location.

Regarding your previous email on Raspberry Pi, ideally it should work.
There was some discussion about trying but I can't remember if anyone
did. If you search for 'raspberrypi" in the google-groups email
archive something might pop up. However, we did run Eden on Mini-PCs;
i.e. similar low-level hardware configuration as Raspberry Pi.

best wishes
Nuwan