Import Data

Maleeha

Jul 23, 2020, 1:15:04 PM7/23/20
to Sahana-Eden
Where do we define the template for importing data? Coz the template contains selected fields e.g. downloading template for 'project/programme/import' contains three fields 'Organization', 'Name' and 'Comment' and what if we have customized modules and added new columns how do we add those to the template file?

Regards,

Fran Boon

Jul 23, 2020, 2:17:18 PM7/23/20
to Sahana Software Foundation
On Thu, 23 Jul 2020 at 18:15, Maleeha <irsp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where do we define the template for importing data? Coz the template contains selected fields e.g. downloading template for 'project/programme/import' contains three fields 'Organization', 'Name' and 'Comment' and what if we have customized modules and added new columns how do we add those to the template file?

For Programme, the import template is here:
https://github.com/sahana/eden/blob/master/static/formats/s3csv/project/programme.csv

Modifying that is straightforward, but obviously additional fields
need to be parsed properly.
This is done in the associated XSL:
https://github.com/sahana/eden/blob/master/static/formats/s3csv/project/programme.xsl

Maleeha Khan

Jul 23, 2020, 3:00:50 PM7/23/20
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Fran, you have to be master of so many things in order to customize Eden, I don't know how do you manage all this stuff python, git, web2py, database, web server, OS, xml, gis, css, HTML and and ...... :).