Recording Options

David Hamann

Aug 14, 2011, 11:55:53 PM8/14/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
The recording options were mentioned in the status thread, but I thought it should have it's own space...

I don't see any reason why this same dialog shouldn't be called from both the recordings screen and the EPG.  If I understand the sageAPI correctly, then the calls to create a recording are the same as what's used to change a recording to and from manual.

On Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:01:00 AM UTC-7, David Hamann wrote:
I only just started thinking about the recording options window last night.

I know that it needs to look something like this:
set/clear manual recording
if a favorite
Remove this Favorite
Adjust Favorite Options
else
Add this show as a Favorite

I do have the manual recording toggle started, although I need to change the actual function calls to work right.  The only reason to set the label on the fly is if the window doesn't close immediately.

in onLoad:
isManualRecord = item.GetProperty('IsManualRecord')
setLabel(thisWindow.GetButton(501), (isManualRecord and "Remove" or "Add") + " Manual Recording status for this show")

in the onClick:
if isManualRecord:
sageAPI.ClearManualRecording(item)
setLabel(thisWindow.GetButton(501), "Add Manual Recording status for this show")
else:
sageAPI.SetManualRecording(item)
setLabel(thisWindow.GetButton(501), "Remove Manual Recording status for this show")
isManualRecord = not isManualRecord

Tom Miranda

Aug 15, 2011, 4:34:58 PM8/15/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
Good idea.  I like the reusing dialogs wherever possible.  It helps the look and feel and cuts down on development time.

Brian Schneider

Aug 20, 2011, 10:42:17 AM8/20/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
I just committed r116 where I added future/past airing functionality to the recordings dialog.  One open issue though... when you click Future Airings, I can't get the recordings dialog to close for the life of me when I click future airings... the only way to close it is to hit ESCAPE and then the future airings window will appear.

Not sure if it has something to do with setactivewindow or activatewindow, but can anyone help me?  Start by looking at line 228 in recording_options_episode.xml

I'm signing off for a bit, but feel free to fix this and check it back in if you figure it out.

Tom Miranda

Aug 20, 2011, 12:12:52 PM8/20/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
Fixed in 118.  The python in the Close <onclick> had the wrong windowIS:

<![CDATA[
xbmc.executebuiltin("Dialog.Close(14050)")
]]>

It was set to close 14015.

Brian Schneider

Aug 20, 2011, 12:49:32 PM8/20/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
Ugh! Thanks

Brian Schneider

Aug 20, 2011, 1:09:35 PM8/20/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
Actually that didn't fix it.  Sorry if I wasn't clear, you fixed a different file.  My issue is on the recordings screen and the recordings episode dialog.

Can you look at this per my note above in recordings_options_episode.xml?

Tom Miranda

Aug 20, 2011, 1:14:00 PM8/20/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
I just put a note in ticket 30, but it's probably more related to what you are doing.

Opening the dialog causes my Boxee Box to either crash or behave strangely.  Something is broken :)

I think it has to do with the parameter passing, but I'll have to experiment some more. I'll let you know what I find.

I did fix up some formatting issues and committed that the svn.

Tom Miranda

Aug 20, 2011, 1:42:58 PM8/20/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
I just committed r121 that fixes the issue.  I took out the parameter passing in recordings.xml using the window "launch" parameters and went back to just using window properties.  I only passed the episode title, so if you want things like the AiringID you will need to add that.

Brian Schneider

Aug 20, 2011, 1:52:55 PM8/20/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
OK I'll fight through that later... the window parameter passing was working just fine so we should definitely get back to that at some point.  But we can leave that for later after we get all of this working... there will certainly need to be a code cleanup/streamlining effort to make this easier to maintain going forward.

Speaking of which, do you think now is a logical time to submit another rev to the Boxee App Library so other's can start to play with it and give suggestions?  Or do you want to tweak some more things before then?

Tom Miranda

Aug 20, 2011, 2:50:12 PM8/20/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to get the episode options working and then update the repository. :)  No pressure now Brian.

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Brian Schneider <lehi...@gmail.com> wrote:
OK I'll fight through that later... the window parameter passing was working just fine so we should definitely get back to that at some point.  But we can leave that for later after we get all of this working... there will certainly need to be a code cleanup/streamlining effort to make this easier to maintain going forward.

Speaking of which, do you think now is a logical time to submit another rev to the Boxee App Library so other's can start to play with it and give suggestions?  Or do you want to tweak some more things before then?

Brian Schneider

Aug 20, 2011, 8:35:08 PM8/20/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good.  Let me know what else I can help with.

Tom Miranda

Aug 20, 2011, 8:57:50 PM8/20/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
Sure will.  I'm just cleaning up the episode actions a little bit.  I hope you don't mind but I'm changing the behavior a little so the dialog closes after an action is taken.  This is consistent with Sage and I see from your comments you thought about doing it as well.

Recording options and Favorites are the biggies that are left.  Maybe see what you can do there?

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Brian Schneider <lehi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sounds good.  Let me know what else I can help with.

David Hamann

Aug 20, 2011, 10:50:21 PM8/20/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
If your talking about closing the window when the set/clear-watched/like/archive... that's actually a bit my my code, and I don't mind one bit.  I had been playing around with getting something that was a bit closer to the sage-checkbox behavior, but I'm not set on it.   If we're going to close the window right away, then we should also remove the code that changes the labels in the onclick handler.

Karl Ricker

Aug 20, 2011, 11:10:16 PM8/20/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
I'd rather close it by hand. I may want to set more than one thing. Can the window not be closed with the back command? Choosing watch should of course close the window.

Tom Miranda

Aug 21, 2011, 5:22:48 AM8/21/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
I'll make it so the dialog stays open when setting/clearing Watched, Archived Don't Like but closes for the other options.  Sensible?

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Karl Ricker <kjri...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd rather close it by hand. I may want to set more than one thing. Can the window not be closed with the back command? Choosing watch should of course close the window.

Tom Miranda

Aug 21, 2011, 5:27:26 AM8/21/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
I just noticed that the title of this is "Recording Options" yet we are really talking about the "Episode Options".  We need to be more careful about terminology to avoid confusion.

The "Episode Options" are what appear when you click on a single episode.
The "Show Options" are what appear when you click on a group of shows.  (We should probably call this "Group Options")
The "Record Options" (which is under development but not yet implemented) is what appears when you want to change the recording options of an episode.

David Hamann

Aug 21, 2011, 7:28:29 AM8/21/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
sorry for confusing this... When I said "Recording Options" I was referring specifically to the Record Options button that sage uses when you open the episode dialog; it opens up the set/clear manual, make favorite, adjust favorite options.

David Hamann

Aug 21, 2011, 7:35:29 AM8/21/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
Should I hold off on creating the "record options" dialog for the individual episodes that are already recorded?  I've done a bit of work on it already, but not that much if the dialog that Brian's(?) working on can be reused for an episode.

Brian Schneider

Aug 21, 2011, 10:04:15 AM8/21/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
David - have you checked in your modifications?  I'm going to use r131 as a starting point and my plan is to do a quick checkin of a consolidated dialog that various screens pass an "action" into so that we are all working from one dialog xml instead of multiple.

Tom Miranda

Aug 21, 2011, 10:56:34 AM8/21/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the Recording options will have to fit in seamlessly with the Airing/MediaFile options since that's where it will be called from (in most cases).

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Brian Schneider <lehi...@gmail.com> wrote:
David - have you checked in your modifications?  I'm going to use r131 as a starting point and my plan is to do a quick checkin of a consolidated dialog that various screens pass an "action" into so that we are all working from one dialog xml instead of multiple.

David Hamann

Aug 21, 2011, 12:04:06 PM8/21/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
no, I haven't check in anything yet.  All my dialog does at this point is set and clear the manual recording.  I'm not too invested to throw that away.