#69 A wiki doc walking users through installation and setup of sagex + boxee app required

Darci Hanning

Sep 10, 2011, 11:44:06 AM9/10/11
to SageTV for Boxee (Development)
Hi folks,

I'd be willing to do this if you like :) I may need a little help/spot-
checking the SageTV plugins side of things as my SageTV server has
been set up with jetty and sagex forever... but for the rest, I should
be able to come up with a pretty solid draft.

Let me know...

Cheers!
Darci

Derek Battams

Sep 10, 2011, 12:01:04 PM9/10/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com

Go for it! ;)  I've added wiki write access for you to the project so you should be able to create the new wiki doc now.  Post a message when you have something ready for review and myself and/or others will be glad to look it over.

  - Derek

Darci Hanning

Sep 10, 2011, 12:02:41 PM9/10/11
to SageTV for Boxee (Development)
Wheee! ;) (and thanks)

Cheers,

On Sep 10, 9:01 am, Derek Battams <de...@battams.ca> wrote:
> Go for it! ;)  I've added wiki write access for you to the project so you
> should be able to create the new wiki doc now.  Post a message when you have
> something ready for review and myself and/or others will be glad to look it
> over.
>
>   - Derek

Tom Miranda

Sep 10, 2011, 12:49:37 PM9/10/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
Thanks much Darci.  Post or email me if you need any help or information.

Here is something you probably don't know yet but is probably worth putting in the write up.  I got tired of enter the jetty credentials and unc maps so I put in a "shortcut" that works IF the user is running on Windows or in dev mode on the Box. (I haven't figured out how to edit files when running in normal mode on the Box.)

Instead of typing in the creds when the app starts the user can create a file called jettydefaults.py in the com.googlecode.sagetvboxee.sageboxee directory.  In this file place the following lines:

server = "192.168.1.104:8080"
jettyname = "sage"
jettypassword = "frey"
uncMap ="e:,//192.168.1.104/e;f:,//192.168.1.104/f"

Of course the content will be different for each user, but you get the idea.

Tom

Darci Hanning

Sep 10, 2011, 1:12:54 PM9/10/11
On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Tom Miranda <tom.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks much Darci.  Post or email me if you need any help or information.

 Will do, Tom, thanks!

Here is something you probably don't know yet but is probably worth putting in the write up.  I got tired of enter the jetty credentials and unc maps so I put in a "shortcut" that works IF the user is running on Windows or in dev mode on the Box. (I haven't figured out how to edit files when running in normal mode on the Box.)

[...]

Of course the content will be different for each user, but you get the idea.

Maybe under a Tips/Tricks or Advanced section? Especially since I don't think that will work on the Box ever.

Also, why are you having to re-enter  the jetty credentials and unc maps? Are they lost with each App update or ??

Cheers,
Darci

Darci Hanning

Sep 11, 2011, 2:11:12 PM9/11/11
to sagetv-b...@googlegroups.com
Okay I've made a stab at the documentation. Take a gander and send along comments, corrections, and suggestions. I think I addressed everyone's suggestions so far but if I missed anything just let me know.

(I'll work on some of the empty sections later today).

Thanks!

Cheers
Darci