Lodging

已查看 21 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Robert Beezer

未读,
2012年5月15日 17:02:562012/5/15
收件人 saged...@googlegroups.com
I have not been able to secure a block of hotel rooms for those attending Sage Days 41 and/or Sage Edu Days 4, so you will need to make your own arrangements independently, since it really won't make sense for me to try to coordinate anything.  I have called around and posted some information at the bottom of

http://wiki.sagemath.org/days41/travel#hotels

There is not a whole lot available in the area for some reason, so you may want to act now.  If you would like to share a room, I can play matchmaker if you like - let me know.

Rob

Gutow, Jonathan H

未读,
2012年5月15日 17:25:412012/5/15
收件人 saged...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

I'm not going to be able to travel during the sagedays 41/sage-edu days. However, I would like to be as involved as I can remotely. I am particularly interested in getting the new notebook finished up and getting the latest Jmol and Jmol interface enhancements folded in. Some of the Jmol team has been working hard on options that will run even on platforms that don't run java applets. But this will not work unless we bring Sages use of Jmol up to the new standards.

I'm also interested in other applet embedding (e.g. Georbra).

Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to participate remotely. Clearly, I should use e-mail and get on the chats that are running. Any other ideas?

Jonathan

Dr. Jonathan H. Gutow
Chemistry Department gu...@uwosh.edu
UW-Oshkosh Office:920-424-1326
800 Algoma Boulevard FAX:920-424-2042
Oshkosh, WI 54901
http://www.uwosh.edu/facstaff/gutow/

Kiran Kedlaya

未读,
2012年5月15日 17:33:122012/5/15
收件人 saged...@googlegroups.com
> --
FYI, University Inn may have a small number of rooms (possibly only 1)
left at their UW rate of $119/night.

Kiran

Rob Beezer

未读,
2012年5月15日 17:53:192012/5/15
收件人 saged...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Kiran. When I called this morning, I asked about rooms with two beds,
so maybe I missed this possibility. Its up on the wiki now.

Rob

Rob Beezer

未读,
2012年5月15日 17:57:342012/5/15
收件人 saged...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jonathan,

I had a good initial experience with a "Google Hangout" last week. I wonder if
somebody local had a spare laptop, we might be able to accomodate a few remote
participants watching presentations and having individual or group conversations
at other times. There is a limit of 10 to a hangout, though maybe with all the
Sage alumni now working at Goggle we might find a way around that? ;-)

Rob

Manouchehr Misaghian

未读,
2012年5月15日 18:00:152012/5/15
收件人 saged...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rob,
Attached please find my hotel information. Thank you

Regards,
Manouchehr

Confirm.pdf

Gutow, Jonathan H

未读,
2012年5月16日 09:12:132012/5/16
收件人 saged...@googlegroups.com
This sounds interesting. I'll take a look. Thanks for the pointer. Another thought along those lines is if somebody could hook me to their laptop via Skype during things I wanted to participate in....Any volunteers to be my liaison?

Jonathan
> --

回复全部
回复作者