Final Announcement

Robert Beezer

Jun 8, 2012, 8:55:29 PM6/8/12
to saged...@googlegroups.com
I think most everything is in place for Sage Days next week.  Come prepared to work on projects right away, there will be more talks later in the week, but never more than just a few hours in the morning.  We will have time Monday morning for everybody to find out what everybody else is interested in working on.

If you are staying in the Collegiana, please be sure to read the handout (PDF, first link below, or linked off the loacal information page in the relevant section).  Dining and grocery store options explained on the local info page.

PICKING UP YOUR KEY SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE COLLEGIANA REQUIRES HAVING AN ID AND REQUIRES SPECIAL PROCEDURES - READ THE HANDOUT.

We will begin at 9:30 AM in Mechanical Engineering 238  (MEB 238).

Write with questions that don't have answers on the wiki.  Use the Google Group (sagedays41) for coordination all week, or IRC.  See everybody soon!

Rob

http://wiki.sagemath.org/uw-local-info?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=collegiana_directions.pdf
http://wiki.sagemath.org/uw-local-info
http://wiki.sagemath.org/days41/travel

http://wiki.sagemath.org/days41
http://wiki.sagemath.org/education4

Jason N Grout

Jun 9, 2012, 1:45:41 PM6/9/12
to <sagedays41@googlegroups.com>

On Jun 8, 2012, at 7:55 PM, "Robert Beezer" <goo...@beezer.cotse.net> wrote:

> I think most everything is in place for Sage Days next week. Come prepared to work on projects right away, there will be more talks later in the week, but never more than just a few hours in the morning. We will have time Monday morning for everybody to find out what everybody else is interested in working on.

Are we still doing "state of the ...." talks on Monday?

Thanks,

Jason

Rob Beezer

Jun 9, 2012, 7:02:12 PM6/9/12
to saged...@googlegroups.com
How about you do a "State of the Notebook" overview on Monday after lunch?

Then we can do some technical talks about notebook projects first thing Tuesday
morning?

Rob

Jonathan Gutow

Jun 9, 2012, 8:39:58 PM6/9/12
to saged...@googlegroups.com
Are these going to be video taped? I would really appreciate it. I have to spend all Monday plus Tuesday morning working with one of my research students, but hope to be able to view the presentations Monday evening, if they are put on line. Tuesday afternoon, I should be able to hang-out online (IRC?) and code. I'll try to get my Jmol stuff up on GIT before then.

Jonathan

Jason Grout

Jun 9, 2012, 11:32:19 PM6/9/12
to saged...@googlegroups.com
On 6/9/12 6:02 PM, Rob Beezer wrote:
> How about you do a "State of the Notebook" overview on Monday after
> lunch?

Sure, I can give a brief overview, though it's moved a bit beyond me
now. I'd love to hear from Samuel about the work he's doing too. How
about a 20 minute talk (at most)? Maybe 15 minutes?

Also, I think it would be great if Byron could give a brief (10-15
minutes) show-and-tell about the interact database he's working on,
maybe as part of EduDays?

Thanks,

Jason

--
Jason Grout
jason...@drake.edu

William Stein

Jun 10, 2012, 10:54:05 AM6/10/12
to saged...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 8:32 PM, Jason Grout <jason...@drake.edu> wrote:
> On 6/9/12 6:02 PM, Rob Beezer wrote:
>>
>> How about you do a "State of the Notebook" overview on Monday after lunch?
>>

> Sure, I can give a brief overview, though it's moved a bit beyond me now.
>  I'd love to hear from Samuel about the work he's doing too.  How about a 20
> minute talk (at most)?  Maybe 15 minutes?
>
> Also, I think it would be great if Byron could give a brief (10-15 minutes)
> show-and-tell about the interact database he's working on, maybe as part of
> EduDays?

I just found my HD digital video camera kit, and put it in my
backpack, so I will record the talks and post them on youtube.

> Thanks,
>
> Jason
>

> --
> Jason Grout