projects

1 view

Martin Albrecht

Dec 17, 2011, 3:34:08 PM12/17/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I saw I caused some confusion with my project proposals:

>= Linear algebra mod p, for log_2 p = 64 =
>
>People: Martin A., if it is still going to happen

While initial tests seem to indicate that this strategy won't lead to a
massive speed up, there might still be something there (e.g., doing two
additions is not necessarily more expensive than one if loads/stores from/to
memory are expensive-ish). I'd be up for working on this more.

>= BKZ 2.0 =
>
>People: mysterious people who added this project, Andy N.

I added this project. I don't know much about BKZ but figured it might be
interesting for some participants & very useful to have. I'm happy to help,
but not sure how useful I'll be.

Cheers & see you Monday,
Martin

--
name: Martin Albrecht
_pgp: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8EF0DC99

John Cremona

Dec 17, 2011, 3:49:05 PM12/17/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin -- feel free to edit the Wiki page!

See you Monday,

John

On 17 December 2011 20:34, Martin Albrecht

Marco Streng

Dec 17, 2011, 4:38:49 PM12/17/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Speakers: please send slides or other links to put on the web page to my
email address (whenever they are ready, so probably after your talks) or
add them yourselves. I already have those of Bill, Fredrik and Simon.

Everyone: If you want things changed in the project list on the web
page, log into the web page wiki with your trac account and make the
changes (or ask someone (how) to do it). For example, it is appreciated
if you could put links to relevant trac tickets in the project descriptions.

Thanks,
Marco

ps. For anyone who is working late, Tesco at Cannon Park is a 10 minute
walk and is always open except Sunday 00:00 - Sunday 10:00 and Sunday
16:00 - Monday 6:00. So if you want to get a snack, you have 2 hours
left today, are in bad luck tomorrow, but the rest of the week .... You
can't get back into the Math building without a card though.