singular parallel make patches

1 view

Burcin Erocal

Sep 26, 2011, 10:05:20 AM9/26/11
to Alexander Dreyer, saged...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexander,

I'm trying to update the Singular spkg in Sage.

The current 3.1.1.4 spkg has a couple of patches to make parallel
builds work. It seems that some of these were merged in to Singular
already, but some are not. Do you know if we still need the following
patches?

http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/burcin/singular/Singular-Makefile.in.patch
http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/burcin/singular/factory-GNUmakefile.in.patch

Cheers,
Burcin

Alexander Dreyer

Sep 26, 2011, 10:21:44 AM9/26/11
to Burcin Erocal, saged...@googlegroups.com
Hi Burcin,

> The current 3.1.1.4 spkg has a couple of patches to make parallel
> builds work. It seems that some of these were merged in to Singular
> already, but some are not. Do you know if we still need the following
> patches?
Yeah, I think we do not need those two any more.
The first one:
> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/burcin/singular/Singular-Makefile.in.patch
is obsolete, because Hans removed this dependency by generating gentable
in a more sophisticated way.

For the second one,
> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/burcin/singular/factory-GNUmakefile.in.patch
We also hat integrated it. Meanwhile, Hans improved my patch by adding
only the necessary dependencies to the Makefile. See here:
https://github.com/Singular2/Sources/commit/9c3d69964dd58e51f3ba307a30c4db0753ebb3d9

Regards,
Alexander

--
Dr. rer. nat. Dipl.-Math. Alexander Dreyer

Abteilung "Systemanalyse, Prognose und Regelung"
Fraunhofer Institut f�r Techno- und Wirtschaftsmathematik (ITWM)
Fraunhofer-Platz 1
67663 Kaiserslautern

Telefon +49 (0) 631-31600-4318
Fax +49 (0) 631-31600-1099