transportation

William Stein

Aug 19, 2011, 3:09:24 PM8/19/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

So far, based on http://wiki.sagemath.org/days32, it seems that the
following people have no precise plan to get to Wallace Falls Lodge
(the day after tomorrow!):

* Ben Jones
* Andrew Ohana
* John Perry
* Julian Ruth
* Simon Spicer
* Jennifer Balakrishnan
* Mike Hansen

-- William

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics

Simon Spicer

Aug 19, 2011, 3:22:01 PM8/19/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com
Hi All

Seems I don't have edit access on the days32 page, but I'll be catching a ride with Aly. Andrew Ohana will be traveling with us too.

Regards
Simon

William Stein

Aug 19, 2011, 3:27:17 PM8/19/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Simon Spicer <eigenp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Seems I don't have edit access on the days32 page,

I had to shut down access for most people by default due to massive
spamming. Mike Hansen is currently working on making it so trac
accounts (which are created by a human, so no spammers allowed) work
on the wiki.

> but I'll be catching a ride with Aly. Andrew Ohana will be traveling with us too.

I've updated the wiki accordingly.

Now the new list of people needed transport is:

* Ben Jones

* John Perry
* Julian Ruth

Rob Beezer

Aug 19, 2011, 3:54:59 PM8/19/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com
On 08/19/2011 12:09 PM, William Stein wrote:
> So far, based on http://wiki.sagemath.org/days32, it seems that the
> following people have no precise plan to get to Wallace Falls Lodge

I am driving from Tacoma (south of the airport), northward to Wallace Falls, and
may make a very short stop in central Seattle (not far from UW).

So I can pick people up at the airport, or in Seattle. My plan is to depart
Tacoma about 2 PM (2:40 at Sea-Tac, 3:00 at Seattle), but I'm definitely
flexible on exact timing.

(I may be offline much of Saturday afternoon and early evening.)

Rob

Benjamin Jones

Aug 19, 2011, 4:48:47 PM8/19/11
to sagedays32

On Aug 19, 2:27 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Simon Spicer <eigenpump...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All
>
> > Seems I don't have edit access on the days32 page,
>
> I had to shut down access for most people by default due to massive
> spamming.  Mike Hansen is currently working on making it so trac
> accounts (which are created by a human, so no spammers allowed) work
> on the wiki.
>
> > but I'll be catching a ride with Aly. Andrew Ohana will be traveling with us too.
>
> I've updated the wiki accordingly.
>
> Now the new list of people needed transport is:
>
>   * Ben Jones
>   * John Perry
>   * Julian Ruth
>   * Jennifer Balakrishnan
>   * Mike Hansen

I'm able to log into the wiki with my trac account, but the Sage Days
32 page is immutable for me.

Anyway, I'm arriving at SEATAC on Sunday at 4:40p and renting a car.
There should be 1-2 seats free on the way to the lodge and on the way
back. I'm staying with friends in Tacoma after the workshop. I could
drop anyone who needs a ride after the workshop is over in Seattle or
Tacoma.

--
Benjamin Jones

William Stein

Aug 19, 2011, 5:00:31 PM8/19/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com

Thanks. I've posted this on the wiki, and told Mike about your immutable issue.

> --
> Benjamin Jones

Julian Rüth

Aug 19, 2011, 5:26:18 PM8/19/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com
This sounds perfect to me. I'm due to arrive at Tacoma at 11:15 am. I
don't think my cell phone works in the US, so it would be best if you
could just tell me when and where exactly to meet you.

julian

* Rob Beezer <goo...@beezer.cotse.net> [2011-08-19 12:54:59 -0700]:

Rob Beezer

Aug 19, 2011, 5:43:59 PM8/19/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com
On 08/19/2011 02:26 PM, Julian R�th wrote:
> This sounds perfect to me. I'm due to arrive at Tacoma at 11:15 am. I
> don't think my cell phone works in the US, so it would be best if you
> could just tell me when and where exactly to meet you.

Great. Let's plan for me to pick you up at 2:00 PM. I'll send you directions
and my phone number off-list.

Rob

john_perry_usm

Aug 20, 2011, 10:30:50 AM8/20/11
to sagedays32
Since I'm leaving 23 Aug, it looks as if I will have to rent a car.

regards
john perry