outing to a hackerspace tonight?

Paul Ivanov

Mar 25, 2011, 5:56:06 PM3/25/11
to saged...@googlegroups.com
For those staying tonight, let's go to a Metrix Create:Space
tonight just a short bus ride away. It's part hobby shop, part
coffee shop, part tech shop.

They have:

* a 3D printer (Makerbot) as well as a cloning factory to make more,
http://pirsquared.org/seattle/03202011494.jpg.html

* a vending machine that sells LEDs, 9-volt batteries, and Aruinos, right
next to the snickers bars and chips:
http://pirsquared.org/seattle/03202011493.jpg.html

* digitally enhanced embroidery machine,
http://pirsquared.org/seattle/03202011492.jpg.html

* a computer controlled laser cutter (cut out your own
design of parts made out of wood, plastic!)
http://pirsquared.org/seattle/03202011502.jpg.html

along with other fun toys.

http://wiki.metrixcreatespace.com/start

Metrix Create:Space
623A Broadway East
Seattle, WA 98102
(206)357-9406

.\\
C:_

open until midnight.

We can take the 43 bus there. Mark Wiebe's already expressed
interest - are there others? We could even just go get dinner
somewhere over there, to mix it up from the pub/thai/pho pattern.

best,
--
Paul Ivanov
314 address only used for lists, off-list direct email at:

signature.asc