Re: Sage Days 23

Noam Elkies

Jun 1, 2010, 9:50:31 PM6/1/10
to saged...@googlegroups.com
William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> writes:

> To: saged...@googlegroups.com

> Hi Sage Days 23-ers,

> If you want to be invited to this, let me know:

> http://wiki.sagemath.org/days23

I guess this was supposed to say "Sage Days 22-ers" -- if there were
a list of 23-ers then they'd already have been invited... Anyway,
thanks for the invitation, but sorry, I wouldn't be of much use if I
tried to fly across the time-zones from the West Coast all the way to
Leiden after already spending several weeks away from home -- this
might work for some people but I know my own limits. (Likewise I'll
have to miss out on Stoll's Thurnau meeting, which happens the same
week, and even the ANTS-IX meeting the week following.) See you at MSRI
-- it seems you won't be here for the Gross-60 celebration starting
tomorrow morning.

NDE

William Stein

Jun 1, 2010, 10:17:29 PM6/1/10
to saged...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Noam Elkies <elk...@math.harvard.edu> wrote:
> William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> To: saged...@googlegroups.com
>
>> Hi Sage Days 23-ers,
>
>> If you want to be invited to this, let me know:
>
>>   http://wiki.sagemath.org/days23
>
> I guess this was supposed to say "Sage Days 22-ers" -- if there were
> a list of 23-ers then they'd already have been invited...  Anyway,

You're right. However, there might be people at SD 22 who are from Europe, and
for them SD23 could work (in fact, I think there were 2 such people).

> thanks for the invitation, but sorry, I wouldn't be of much use if I
> tried to fly across the time-zones from the West Coast all the way to
> Leiden after already spending several weeks away from home -- this
> might work for some people but I know my own limits.  (Likewise I'll
> have to miss out on Stoll's Thurnau meeting, which happens the same
> week, and even the ANTS-IX meeting the week following.)  See you at MSRI
> -- it seems you won't be here for the Gross-60 celebration starting
> tomorrow morning.

Yep, unfortunately I won't be there. It seems that I didn't find out
about that until it was too late.

See you at MSRI!

William

--