coffee shops

William Stein

Jun 21, 2010, 11:28:19 PM6/21/10
to sagedays22
Hi,

We were not able to come up with a good plan for a meeting place tonight.
However, this place looks promising for tomorrow:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/peoples-cafe-berkeley#query:coffee%20shop

http://www.peoplesjoint.com/

I ended up at Cafe Milano

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cafe-milano-berkeley

which has very good wifi and tons of space. The only drawback is that
they close at 10pm.

William

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics

William Stein

Jun 22, 2010, 9:43:14 PM6/22/10
to sagedays22
On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 8:28 PM, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We were not able to come up with a good plan for a meeting place tonight.
> However, this place looks promising for tomorrow:
>
>  http://www.yelp.com/biz/peoples-cafe-berkeley#query:coffee%20shop
>
>  http://www.peoplesjoint.com/

OK, I'm here at People's Cafe and:

(1) their Internet works and is solid, though using a remote command
line via ssh isn't fast.

(2) the coffee shop itself is surprisingly big, relatively quiet, etc.

(3) the chairs aren't super comfortable.

I'm in the very back corner right now.

By the way, you get here by walking WEST (toward the ocean) until
you're one block south of campus.
It's across Shattuck from "Copy Central" (a big coffee shop), on 2015
Shattuck Ave.

-- William

Kenneth A. Ribet

Jun 23, 2010, 12:06:31 AM6/23/10
to saged...@googlegroups.com
> By the way, you get here by walking WEST (toward the ocean) until you're one block south of campus.

William,

That is really incoherent!!

Are you free to have dinner with us on Friday evening? We will be celebrating Lisa's birthday.

Best,
Ken

Kenneth A. Ribet

Jun 23, 2010, 12:07:31 AM6/23/10
to saged...@googlegroups.com
Whoops! Sorry for writing to the group. The message was for William only. All others: please delete!

Thanks,
Ken

William Stein

Jun 23, 2010, 12:08:39 AM6/23/10
to saged...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Kenneth A. Ribet
<ri...@math.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>> By the way, you get here by walking WEST (toward the ocean) until you're one block south of campus.
>
> William,
>
> That is really incoherent!!

Good point! It's beyond incoherent and just wrong.

> Are you free to have dinner with us on Friday evening?

Unfortunately, we're having a dinner at Herbivore with the speakers
for the "special day" on Friday:

http://wiki.sagemath.org/days22/schedule

William