Shuey Mansion lodging

William Stein

Nov 16, 2009, 10:56:49 AM11/16/09
to sagedays19, Nick Alexander, Willem Jan Palenstijn, Burcin Erocal, Jason Grout, Justin Walker
Hi,

I've rented the entire Shuey House Mansion (which is a few blocks from
UW) for Sage Days 19 (Bug Days) in Seattle.
It has 10 bedrooms and a computer projector (!). Let me know ASAP if
you would like to reserve one of those rooms for the workshop.

http://www.shueyhouse.com/

http://groups.google.com/group/sagedays19

It's important that you reserve now, since if there are < 10 people
reserving rooms, I will make a drive to invite a few more people from
out of town to participate.

William

--
William Stein
Associate Professor of Mathematics

Craig Citro

Nov 16, 2009, 11:06:40 AM11/16/09
to saged...@googlegroups.com
Hey William -- this looks great! Nice work.

So did you ever hear anything from Mitesh Patel? Also, I believe Nick
Alexander and Jason Grout both said they were coming previously, so I
was still counting them in. I didn't hear from Joel, which I'm
guessing is an implicit "no," and I was surprised I didn't hear from
Justin Walker -- did you hear anything from him?

In any event, we should chat about this today in person ...

-cc

William Stein

Nov 16, 2009, 12:38:57 PM11/16/09
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 7:56 AM, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've rented the entire Shuey House Mansion (which is a few blocks from
> UW) for Sage Days 19 (Bug Days) in Seattle.
> It has 10 bedrooms and a computer projector (!).  Let me know ASAP if
> you would like to reserve one of those rooms for the workshop.
>
>        http://www.shueyhouse.com/
>
>        http://groups.google.com/group/sagedays19
>
> It's important that you reserve now, since if there are < 10 people
> reserving rooms, I will make a drive to invite a few more people from
> out of town to participate.

I'm keeping track of the list of names here:

http://wiki.sagemath.org/daysbug2

Jason Grout

Nov 16, 2009, 12:40:14 PM11/16/09
to saged...@googlegroups.com
Craig Citro wrote:
> Hey William -- this looks great! Nice work.
>
> So did you ever hear anything from Mitesh Patel? Also, I believe Nick
> Alexander and Jason Grout both said they were coming previously, so I
> was still counting them in.

Yes, I plan on coming. Right now, I'm planning on coming Saturday (up
from the Joint Meetings), working during whatever time is available
Saturday evening, not being available Sunday, but then working hard
Monday through Wednesday and leaving Thursday morning.

I haven't bought my tickets yet, though, so these plans might change a bit.

Thanks,

Jason

William Stein

Nov 16, 2009, 12:43:30 PM11/16/09
to saged...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Jason Grout
<jason...@creativetrax.com> wrote:

> Craig Citro wrote:
>>
>> Hey William -- this looks great! Nice work.
>>
>> So did you ever hear anything from Mitesh Patel? Also, I believe Nick
>> Alexander and Jason Grout both said they were coming previously, so I
>> was still counting them in.
>
> Yes, I plan on coming.  Right now, I'm planning on coming Saturday (up from
> the Joint Meetings), working during whatever time is available Saturday
> evening, not being available Sunday, but then working hard Monday through
> Wednesday and leaving Thursday morning.

Note that I only have the house through Wednesday day, though we could
put you in a hotel on Wed night.

Jason Grout

Nov 16, 2009, 12:45:39 PM11/16/09
to saged...@googlegroups.com
William Stein wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Jason Grout
> <jason...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
>
>> Craig Citro wrote:
>>
>>> Hey William -- this looks great! Nice work.
>>>
>>> So did you ever hear anything from Mitesh Patel? Also, I believe Nick
>>> Alexander and Jason Grout both said they were coming previously, so I
>>> was still counting them in.
>>>
>> Yes, I plan on coming. Right now, I'm planning on coming Saturday (up from
>> the Joint Meetings), working during whatever time is available Saturday
>> evening, not being available Sunday, but then working hard Monday through
>> Wednesday and leaving Thursday morning.
>>

> Note that I only have the house through Wednesday day, though we could
> put you in a hotel on Wed night.

When would the workshop be ending? The first day of classes is that
Wednesday, but I was going to get a substitute or have the students do
something else on their own that day; then I could be at the workshop on
Wednesday.

Thanks,

Jason

William Stein

Nov 16, 2009, 12:48:58 PM11/16/09
to saged...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Jason Grout
<jason...@creativetrax.com> wrote:

> William Stein wrote:
>>
> When would the workshop be ending?  The first day of classes is that
> Wednesday, but I was going to get a substitute or have the students do
> something else on their own that day; then I could be at the workshop on
> Wednesday.

I imagined that it will end on Wednesday. We haven't drawn up a
schedule yet though, and we're a small group! I'm very much
subject to suggestions.
I almost certain won't teach on Thursdays.

-- William

Mike Hansen

Nov 17, 2009, 2:24:26 AM11/17/09
to saged...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Sarah and I will be there for the whole time and would like a room at
the house. I'll look into getting tickets soon.

--Mike

Tim Joseph Dumol

Nov 17, 2009, 5:31:48 AM11/17/09
to saged...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I hope to come, and would also like a room. I am still in the process of renewing my visa, although it should be done in a week or two.

- Tim Joseph Dumol <tim (at) timdumol (dot) com>
http://timdumol.com