Re: Internet connection at the residence

William Stein

Jun 20, 2009, 10:06:10 AM6/20/09
to christian eder, sagedays16, Jordi Quer
On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 3:52 PM, christian
eder<ed...@mathematik.uni-kl.de> wrote:
> Hi William,
>
> yes I am here already, I was here for the MEGA conference. In our
> shared room there was only 1 LAN connection. I have just asked the
> stuff, they have enough cabels, still the problem is that when more
> people are working inside one room only one will get access.
>
> Christian

Thanks for making sure there are enough cables at the Residencia.
Regarding there being only one ethernet port per room, I agree that this
will be a problem for rooms with two people in them, when one person
doesn't have an Apple computer (with an apple, it is trivial to setup a wireless
network to share ones ethernet connection). I don't have any solution
for this problem.

William