Prof William Stein at LinkedIn?

Sazzad

Aug 4, 2011, 1:24:32 PM8/4/11
to sage-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I just search for 'Mathematica' in LinkedIn Skills (beta) and Stephen Wolfram came top in the professionals list. Then I searched for 'Sage' and did hope Prof. Stein would come up in the Professionals list. But, it didn't and none of the developers from sage-devel did. Why?

--
Sincerely,
Sazzad Bin Kamal

William Stein

Aug 4, 2011, 4:02:30 PM8/4/11
to sage-w...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Sazzad <sazzadb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I just search for 'Mathematica' in LinkedIn Skills (beta) and Stephen
> Wolfram came top in the professionals list. Then I searched for 'Sage' and
> did hope Prof. Stein would come up in the Professionals list. But, it didn't
> and none of the developers from sage-devel did. Why?

We don't use LinkedIn. What's it good for? I had an account for
years, but it never resulted in anything except annoying emails, so I
canceled it recently.

> --
> Sincerely,
> Sazzad Bin Kamal
>

> --

William Stein
Professor of Mathematics
University of Washington
http://wstein.org

Sazzad

Aug 5, 2011, 3:59:44 AM8/5/11
to sage-w...@googlegroups.com
We don't use LinkedIn.   What's it good for?

Ok, I understand. Since it claims to be a professional network I thought it would be helpful to have a profile. :P

I had an account for years, but it never resulted in anything except annoying emails, so I
canceled it recently.
William Stein

Professor of Mathematics
University of Washington
http://wstein.org

Hmm... I closed my Facebook for the same reason. Seems LinkedIn isn't any different. Sad.

kcrisman

Aug 5, 2011, 9:10:28 AM8/5/11
to sage-windows

> I had an account for years, but it never resulted in anything except
>
> > annoying emails, so I
> > canceled it recently.
>
> William Stein
>
> > Professor of Mathematics
> > University of Washington
> >http://wstein.org
>
> Hmm... I closed my Facebook for the same reason. Seems LinkedIn isn't any
> different. Sad.

Though on the plus side, on Facebook you can become a fan of Sage!