a problem in building sage/libs/pari/gen.dll on Windows 7

Dima Pasechnik

Apr 25, 2011, 11:19:27 PM4/25/11
to sage-windows
Does anyone have an idea where these "Cannot export" might come from?
(if you wonder, yes, that's how far I got in building Sage in WIndows
7 at present)

gcc -shared -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base build/temp.cygwin-1.7.9-
i686-2.6/sage/libs/pari/gen.o -L/home/dima/sage-4.7.alpha5/local/lib -
L/home/dima/sage-4.7.alpha5/local/lib/python2.6/config -lcsage -lpari -
lgmp -lstdc++ -lntl -lpython2.6 -o build/lib.cygwin-1.7.9-i686-2.6/
sage/libs/pari/gen.dll
Cannot export bid_get_cyc: symbol not found
Cannot export bid_get_gen: symbol not found
Cannot export bnf_get_cyc: symbol not found
Cannot export bnf_get_fu: symbol not found
Cannot export bnf_get_fu_nocheck: symbol not found
Cannot export bnf_get_gen: symbol not found
Cannot export bnf_get_reg: symbol not found
Cannot export cxcompotor: symbol not found
Cannot export cxtofp: symbol not found
Cannot export gtodouble: symbol not found
Cannot export is_bigint: symbol not found
Cannot export is_intreal_t: symbol not found
Cannot export isintzero: symbol not found
Cannot export nf_get_pol: symbol not found
Cannot export nf_get_sign: symbol not found
Cannot export nf_get_varn: symbol not found
Cannot export nf_get_zk: symbol not found
Cannot export pari_free: symbol not found
Cannot export pr_get_e: symbol not found
Cannot export pr_get_f: symbol not found
Cannot export pr_get_gen: symbol not found
Cannot export pr_get_p: symbol not found
Cannot export zerocol: symbol not found
Cannot export zeromat: symbol not found
Cannot export zerovec: symbol not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
sage: There was an error installing modified sage library code.

real 1m24.035s
user 0m28.306s
sys 0m39.360s
Error building new version of SAGE.

Mike Hansen

Apr 25, 2011, 11:27:03 PM4/25/11
to sage-w...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Dima Pasechnik <dim...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have an idea where these "Cannot export" might come from?
> (if you wonder, yes, that's how far I got in building Sage in WIndows
> 7 at present)

Yep, there's a patch for it at
http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/attachment/ticket/10247/trac_10247.patch
It needs a review.