sage seminar: Thursday, October 4, 2012

William Stein

Oct 2, 2012, 9:43:54 AM10/2/12
to sage-uw, Michael Munz
Hi,

The first meeting of the Sage Seminar will be on Thursday, October 4,
at 1pm in Padelford C401.

SPEAKER: William Stein

TITLE: Salvus -- Distributed Scalable Online Mathematical Software

ABSTRACT: I will describe a current software project called
http://salv.us to commercialize Sage that I've been working on for the
last few months, in conjunction with the UW Center for
Commercialization. In this talk I'll sketch the overall
architecture of the system, then describe each of the components that
I chose for Salvus, and why I chose them. Salvus is far from done,
but I hope that articulating how it works to you, and getting your
feedback, will help improve the quality of the system.

--
William Stein
Professor of Mathematics