Re: Digest for sage-uw@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Chris Swierczewski

Jan 18, 2012, 10:47:40 AM1/18/12
to sag...@googlegroups.com
Hello William,

> If you would like to speak in the Sage seminar this quarter, please
> respond to this email or send me (wst...@gmail.com) an email.

If there is enough space, I could talk about some recent work I've done with, not only Riemann Theta functions, but plane algebraic curves in general such as the computation of Puiseux series ( CC[x][y] is integrally closed in the field of Puiseux series) as well as monodromy groups (which describes the branching structure of the Riemann surface corresponding to an algebraic curve.)

Let me know if any of this is of interest to the sage-uw group and I would be happy to talk!

--
Chris Swierczewski
University of Washington