Error installing package singular-3.1.5.p9

Edidiong Attang

May 4, 2014, 9:30:24 AM5/4/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Good day,
I have tried installing the sage software the last 48 hours. It appears the latest error is this

Error installing package singular-3.1.5.p9

I am using a MAC OSX 9.2 and an intel core i7

I was told during the compilation to load a subshell using the command below

(cd '/Users/eddy/Documents/sage-6.1.1/local/var/tmp/sage/build/singular-3.1.5.p9' && '/Users/eddy/Documents/sage-6.1.1/sage' --sh)

I dont know what to debug here;

Also everytime i set the environmental variable SAGE_KEEP_BUILT_SPKGS to 'yes', it still pops up telling me to set it all over again. What can i do please?

Kannappan Sampath

May 4, 2014, 1:51:48 PM5/4/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
What version of SAGE are you trying to compile?

Kannappan.

leif

May 4, 2014, 2:38:59 PM5/4/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com, Edidiong Attang
Edidiong Attang wrote:
> Good day,
> I have tried installing the sage software the last 48 hours. It appears
> the latest error is this
>

> /Error installing package singular-3.1.5.p9/
>
> I am using a MAC OSX 9.2 and an intel core i7

You probably ran into http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/15937 .

Note that Sage 6.2.rc2 has been released today, so you might also try
that [1], or wait hopefully at most a few days until 6.2 gets released.

-leif

[1]
http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/release/sage-6.2.rc2/sage-6.2.rc2.tar.gz

--