Failed to start Mathematica 9 in Sage 5.12. How can I fix it?

meaning

Oct 18, 2013, 10:41:56 PM10/18/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr(s),

I have a problem when calling Mathematica 9 in Sage 5.12.

I  installed Mathematica 9, Sage 5.12 and claim their direction in .bash_profile file.
The direction of Mathematica is: /usr/local/bin/mathematica
The direction of Sage is:             ~/works/sage-5.12/sage

However, when I try mathematica in Sage, it fails to start Mathemtaica
For example:
sage: mathematica(1)

Unable to start mathematica

sage:mathematica({})

Unable to coerce element into mathematica

Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?
Many Thanks

Best wishes,

Daniel Krenn

Oct 23, 2013, 8:32:14 AM10/23/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Am 2013-10-19 04:41, schrieb meaning:
> I have a problem when calling Mathematica 9 in Sage 5.12.
>
> I installed Mathematica 9, Sage 5.12 and claim their direction in
> .bash_profile file.
> The direction of Mathematica is: /usr/local/bin/mathematica
> The direction of Sage is: ~/works/sage-5.12/sage
>
> However, when I try mathematica in Sage, it fails to start Mathemtaica
> For example:
> sage: mathematica(1)
>
> Unable to start mathematica
> [...]
> Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem?

I get the same. This is now http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/15318 .

Daniel