Cannot build Sage 9.7 on Opensuse

lingmin cui

Feb 15, 2023, 12:02:21 AM2/15/23
to sage-support
After make I get

Error building Sage.

The following package(s) may have failed to build (not necessarily
during this run of 'make all-start'):

* package:         openblas-0.3.20
 last build time: Feb 15 11:07
 log file:        /home/tr0uble/sage/sage-9.7/logs/pkgs/openblas-0.3.20.log
 build directory: /home/tr0uble/sage/sage-9.7/local/var/tmp/sage/build/openblas-0.3.20

It is safe to delete any log files and build directories, but they
contain information that is helpful for debugging build problems.
WARNING: If you now run 'make' again, the build directory of the
same version of the package will, by default, be deleted. Set the
environment variable SAGE_KEEP_BUILT_SPKGS=yes to prevent this.

and here is the openblas log file
openblas-0.3.20.log

Eric Gourgoulhon

Feb 16, 2023, 6:02:34 AM2/16/23
to sage-support
It would probably be better to use the system openblas binary instead of building it from source during the Sage install. To do so, install the Opensuse package openblas (development version)  (for Ubuntu, the package name is libopenblas-dev, I don't know for Opensuse). Then run configure again and then make.

Eric.

Dima Pasechnik

Feb 16, 2023, 6:28:39 AM2/16/23
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Feb 16, 2023 at 11:02 AM Eric Gourgoulhon
<egourg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It would probably be better to use the system openblas binary instead of building it from source during the Sage install. To do so, install the Opensuse package openblas (development version) (for Ubuntu, the package name is libopenblas-dev, I don't know for Opensuse).

$ cat build/pkgs/openblas/distros/opensuse.txt
openblas-devel

This name will also be printed at the end of ./configure run, among
the list of packages
to install...