Re: How to use Sage with Eclipse on Windows 7

Message has been deleted

Asad Akhlaq

Jan 31, 2013, 2:54:44 PM1/31/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Still waiting to hear from you guys. Any help?

On Wednesday, 30 January 2013 12:57:19 UTC+10:30, Asad Akhlaq wrote:
Hi,

I am a new user of Sage. I have installed Python, Aptana Studio 3 and Sage (using VM Virtualbox). I found following explanation on this group but it is still confusing for me to setup.

it says that

1. set PyDev python interpreter to Sage
        windows: preferences: PyDev: Interpreter Python: new: /sage/local/bin/
python2.6

Now in my case python is separate installation at (C:\python27) and Sage in located in VM Virtualbox folder. There is no local/bin path in sage folder.

Anyone can please explain this step for me?

Thanks in advance
Assad

William Stein

Jan 31, 2013, 5:19:07 PM1/31/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Asad Akhlaq <assad....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Still waiting to hear from you guys. Any help?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use Sage with Eclipse on Windows,
because there is no native port of Sage to Windows. Sorry.

William

> On Wednesday, 30 January 2013 12:57:19 UTC+10:30, Asad Akhlaq wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am a new user of Sage. I have installed Python, Aptana Studio 3 and Sage
>> (using VM Virtualbox). I found following explanation on this group but it is
>> still confusing for me to setup.

>> it says that
>>
>> 1. set PyDev python interpreter to Sage
>> windows: preferences: PyDev: Interpreter Python: new:
>> /sage/local/bin/
>> python2.6
>>
>> Now in my case python is separate installation at (C:\python27) and Sage
>> in located in VM Virtualbox folder. There is no local/bin path in sage
>> folder.
>>
>> Anyone can please explain this step for me?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Assad
>
> --

William Stein
Professor of Mathematics
University of Washington
http://wstein.org

Asad Akhlaq

Jan 31, 2013, 6:58:10 PM1/31/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

Thank you for your kind reply.

Cheers

Assad Akhlaq

On Friday, 1 February 2013 08:49:07 UTC+10:30, William wrote:
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Asad Akhlaq <assad....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Still waiting to hear from you guys. Any help?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use Sage with Eclipse on Windows,
because there is no native port of Sage to Windows.  Sorry.

William

> On Wednesday, 30 January 2013 12:57:19 UTC+10:30, Asad Akhlaq wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am a new user of Sage. I have installed Python, Aptana Studio 3 and Sage
>> (using VM Virtualbox). I found following explanation on this group but it is
>> still confusing for me to setup.

Asad Akhlaq

Jan 31, 2013, 8:39:42 PM1/31/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please tell me that is it possible to use multiple worksheets, in the sage note book, as different *.py files? and then call them from another worksheet (say another .py file)?

Thanks
Assad

On Friday, 1 February 2013 08:49:07 UTC+10:30, William wrote:
On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Asad Akhlaq <assad....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Still waiting to hear from you guys. Any help?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to use Sage with Eclipse on Windows,
because there is no native port of Sage to Windows.  Sorry.

William

> On Wednesday, 30 January 2013 12:57:19 UTC+10:30, Asad Akhlaq wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am a new user of Sage. I have installed Python, Aptana Studio 3 and Sage
>> (using VM Virtualbox). I found following explanation on this group but it is
>> still confusing for me to setup.

Dima Pasechnik

Jan 31, 2013, 9:07:28 PM1/31/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On 2013-02-01, Asad Akhlaq <assad....@gmail.com> wrote:
> ------=_Part_333_18658373.1359682782275
>
> Hi,
>
> Please tell me that is it possible to use multiple worksheets, in the sage
> note book, as different *.py files? and then call them from another
> worksheet (say another .py file)?

worksheets are not *.py files that you can import one from another.
(worksheets are more like "projects" in an IDE)

In a worksheet you can certainly import "proper" *.py/*.sage files.
(*.sage are files with Sage source, and are preprocessed by Sage into
*.py files on the fly)
These are just plain text files, naturally.

HTH,
Dmitrii

> Thanks
> Assad
>
> On Friday, 1 February 2013 08:49:07 UTC+10:30, William wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Asad Akhlaq <assad....@gmail.com<javascript:>>
>> wrote:
>> > Still waiting to hear from you guys. Any help?
>>
>> Unfortunately, it is not possible to use Sage with Eclipse on Windows,
>> because there is no native port of Sage to Windows. Sorry.
>>
>> William

>> Sage
>> it is

>> Sage