3d plot without axes

john_perry_usm

Jan 15, 2015, 10:18:59 AM1/15/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

In 2d, it's easy to create a plot without axes: either show(p,axes=False) or p.axes(False).

In 3d, this fails silently with the show command, while the dot-command is rejected outright.

I would like to produce 3d plots without axes. Is there a way to suppress the generation of axes in 3d plots?

thanks!
john perry

john_perry_usm

Jan 15, 2015, 10:25:22 AM1/15/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Actually, maybe it's the bounding box I'm seeing. Either way, I want just the object itself (e.g., a sphere), not any lines or boxes added by Sage or the viewers.

john perry

john_perry_usm

Jan 15, 2015, 10:30:41 AM1/15/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Duh. It's the 'frame' option. Hadn't seen that before; sorry for the noise.

john perry