[7.3 beta3] RichReprWarning

Jianping Pan

Feb 27, 2016, 5:17:31 AM2/27/16
to sage-support

I was trying to use sage in my OS X EI Capitan, but it failed to give me graphic file. Same code works well on sage notebook though. I don't know if I need to make any changes to the setting or something to allow it to prompt pics for me. Thanks very much!

Jianping Pan

Feb 27, 2016, 6:03:42 AM2/27/16
to sage-support
I just checked that I have latest Java 8 update 73. And I also installed JDK. Still doesn't work. *sigh*

Volker Braun

Feb 27, 2016, 6:24:08 AM2/27/16
to sage-support
Whats the output of "locale"? Just "UTF-8" is indeed not a valid locale. Are you local on your osx machine or ssh'in in (and getting environment variables from elsewhere)?

Jianping Pan

Feb 27, 2016, 7:11:36 AM2/27/16
to sage-support
I'm running it on my OS X machine, not ssh.

Dima Pasechnik

Feb 27, 2016, 9:47:39 AM2/27/16
to sage-support
I guess you probably reset your locale manually at some point.
A valid locale should like like en_US.UTF-8

What is the output of locale in your terminal?

Jianping Pan

Feb 27, 2016, 10:48:59 AM2/27/16
to sage-support
I unchecked the box in front of "Set locale environment variables on startup" in terminal preference-advanced, and got the problems solved. Thanks!