Error message on import using VMware

Adam Frank

Jan 28, 2014, 7:55:19 PM1/28/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I'm using VMware to use the virtual machine, and I kind of insist on using it because I'm also using it with another application that requires VMware for standardization of user experience.

But when I try to import Sage (by double-clicking sage-5.13), it goes through the import then gives me the error message, "The import failed because C:\Users\Adam\Downloads\Program Downloads\sage-5.13.ova did not pass OVF specification conformance or virtual hardware compliance checks.

Click Retry to relax OVF specification and virtual hardware compliance checks and try the import again, or click Cancel to cancel the import. If you retry the import, you might not be able to use the virtual machine in VMware Player."

If I click "Retry" and let it import, then when I try to open it, it brings up a commandline, and only gives me running options that involve Linux. I'm operating on Windows, and I downloaded Sage from the Windows download page.

If I type nothing at this stage and wait about three seconds, it automatically does something and then brings up a new commandline that asks for "savevm login: ". At that point, no matter what I type, it closes the window. If I just leave it for a couple seconds with nothing typed, it again closes the window.

Is it just impossible to run this in VMware in Windows?

Thank you,
Adam

Adam Frank

Jan 28, 2014, 8:06:43 PM1/28/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Just noticed the required information to include.  I'm using a Core i7 with Windows 8.1.  Can't give copy-paste commands that reproduce the error since it involves lots of clicking.  Hopefully what I've said above is sufficient.