Unable to install SageMath successfully

Hriday Bharat Thakkar

Jun 5, 2021, 12:19:03 PM6/5/21
to sage-support
Dear SageMath Support Team,

I'm asking a question here because ask.sagemath.org seems to be down.

I'm unable to install Sage successfully so can you please help?
I downloaded SageMath via https://www.sagemath.org/download.html, extracted it and in my terminal I went to the directory of SageMath and typed ./sage (which is what I gathered from another support conversation). However, I face the following error Apple threw an error that "....[dot]so" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified." Attached are the two errors I faced.

I would really appreciate it if you can please help me figure out a successful SageMath installation. Eventually, I also need to install Normaliz which I gather is done by "sage -i normaliz' or 'sage -p normaliz' .

Thanks so much in advance!

Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 8.42.55 PM.png
Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 8.43.41 PM.png

Dima Pasechnik

Jun 5, 2021, 2:25:37 PM6/5/21
to sage-support

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021, 17:19 Hriday Bharat Thakkar, <global...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear SageMath Support Team,

I'm asking a question here because ask.sagemath.org seems to be down.

I'm unable to install Sage successfully so can you please help?
I downloaded SageMath via https://www.sagemath.org/download.html, extracted it and in my terminal I went to the directory of SageMath and typed ./sage (which is what I gathered from another support conversation). However, I face the following error Apple threw an error that "....[dot]so" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified." Attached are the two errors I faced.

you either need to permit installation of non-notarised applications, or use
or use Conda, or use Homebrew
(or build from source)

I would really appreciate it if you can please help me figure out a successful SageMath installation. Eventually, I also need to install Normaliz which I gather is done by "sage -i normaliz' or 'sage -p normaliz' .

Thanks so much in advance!

slelievre

Jun 5, 2021, 7:09:02 PM6/5/21
to sage-support
In a terminal, run the following commands:
```
$ xattr -cr /Applications/SageMath
```
This will clear the extended attributes of
all the files in /Applications/SageMath
and hopefully that will allow you to run it
without Apple's Gatekeeper interfering.

Hriday Bharat Thakkar

Jun 6, 2021, 4:17:18 AM6/6/21
to sage-support