Google Group sage-support Daily Summary Email Bomb

rickhg12hs

Jun 27, 2013, 12:13:11 AM6/27/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
All of a sudden the Google Group sage-support Daily Summary Email is huge (> 350kB) and more often than daily.

Here's the latest subject:
subject: [sage-support] Abridged summary of sage-s...@googlegroups.com - 250 Messages in 58 Topics
I've received three of these in the last 5 hours (not completely identical, but nearly).  I've verified my settings and they seem fine and unchanged.

Is this a Google problem or is something wrong/different with this group?

rickhg12hs

Jun 27, 2013, 3:10:50 AM6/27/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Have now received 5 of these in the last 8 hours.  The first was at Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM EDT.

Minh Nguyen

Jun 27, 2013, 3:21:59 AM6/27/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com, rickhg12hs
Hi,
I don't see anything wrong with your settings and I don't see anything
wrong with the settings for the whole group.

--
Regards,
Minh Van Nguyen

rickhg12hs

Jun 27, 2013, 3:28:23 AM6/27/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com, rickhg12hs
Am I the only one getting _daily_ abridged summaries every 45-120 minutes?

Niles Johnson

Jun 27, 2013, 1:52:54 PM6/27/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com, rickhg12hs
I've been getting a bunch of these today too.  I noticed that they are catching up with the present though, so I hope it will stop soon!

Niles Johnson

Jun 27, 2013, 1:59:07 PM6/27/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com, rickhg12hs
According to my email history, the last normal message I got from sage-support was 12/20/2012.  Then I got no email from sage-support until Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM EDT; this was an abridged summary of 250 messages, many of which date from January 2013.  I've had 4 more
such emails, and a 5th one summarizing 238 messages.  Hopefully that means the group is done catching up on all it's email sending since January!

Minh Nguyen

Jun 27, 2013, 6:29:34 PM6/27/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 5:28 PM, rickhg12hs <rickh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Am I the only one getting _daily_ abridged summaries every 45-120 minutes?

Maybe. Ten hours ago, I changed my settings to abridged summaries. So
far I have only one abridged email. It's more likely something is
wrong with Google Group.

rickhg12hs

Jun 30, 2013, 2:09:52 PM6/30/13
On Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:59:07 PM UTC-4, Niles Johnson wrote:
According to my email history, the last normal message I got from sage-support was 12/20/2012.  Then I got no email from sage-support until Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM EDT; this was an abridged summary of 250 messages, many of which date from January 2013.  I've had 4 more
such emails, and a 5th one summarizing 238 messages.  Hopefully that means the group is done catching up on all it's email sending since January!

Looks like we're all caught up now and processing the updates correctly. Yea!