Histogram height

Kent Morrison

Dec 25, 2012, 11:29:13 AM12/25/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Using the sample from the Sage reference:

v = finance.TimeSeries([1..50])
v.plot_histogram(bins=10)

results in a very short plot.

Is there an option like aspect ratio or figsize (I've tried those)
that will increase the height of the plot?

Or is this a problem in the implementation of  plot_histogram?

Kent Morrison

Dec 25, 2012, 11:40:02 AM12/25/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
v.plot_histograms(bins=10, normalize=False)

gives much better results.

David Joyner

Dec 25, 2012, 11:50:00 AM12/25/12
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Kent Morrison <kentem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> v.plot_histograms(bins=10, normalize=False)
>
> gives much better results.

You can also try the plot_histogram method for the
IndexedSequence class in gsl/dft.py.