Fwd: Ask about the SageMath codebase using ChatGPT

William Stein

Jun 30, 2023, 4:37:38 PM6/30/23
to sage-support
This is about a more "grounded" version of ChatGPT + Sage that is now at

https://wolfia.com/?projectId=ed005166-99f2-4e5e-8778-2dc49d4bf930

From: Naren Manoharan <na...@wolfia.com>
Date: Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 10:53 AM
Subject: Thank you for signing up and Welcome Wolfia!
To: <wst...@sagemath.com>

Hey William,

Thanks for signing up and requesting us to index -
https://github.com/sagemath/sage

This is now available here -
https://wolfia.com/?projectId=ed005166-99f2-4e5e-8778-2dc49d4bf930

Feel free to grab time here if you have any questions or feedback -
https://calendly.com/naren-mano/wolfia

I would love to hear any feedback or thoughts that you have! I'm a big
fan of open core projects. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Best,
Naren
Co-Founder & CTO at Wolfia (YC S22)
(314) 562-8039 | LinkedIn | Twitter

--

Best Regards,
William Stein

CEO, SageMath, Inc.
https://cocalc.com

--

Best Regards,
William Stein

CEO, SageMath, Inc.
https://cocalc.com

Raymond Rogers

Jun 30, 2023, 10:20:14 PM6/30/23
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

Thanks! :)   I tried it with something that was coming up for me.

Ray:"How do I do 2d plots of polygons using complex numbers as coordinates"

It worked with explanations!
Unfortunately the code didn't work.  Almost though,  so we (wolfia.com) worked on it for a couple of rounds.
We gave up, but I am really impressed.  It did self-correct a couple of things but they weren't the core problem.
No complaints about the  performance though; I have a tendency to uncover bugs LOL
I would appreciate if somebody on the group would try the query and answer, and if a sagemath/sage  bug is found, tell me how to file it.
I would have copied the  transcript, but it's disappeared!
Or get it to work:)  I am working up a problem on a social media site and want to illustrate a polygon formula for constructing edge midpoint polygons from polygons; and reverse midpoint polygons to "full polygons.

In case you think I am lazy; I am.
Let me tell you, some of the manual sections are over 10,000 pages :)

System
Ubuntu mate-local build-python 3.10.6-Sagemat 10.0
No known problems
Both "sage" and "/opt/sage-10.0/sage --notebook  jupyterlab"
Had the same error.