Trouble with easy_install

Viviane Pons

Jul 16, 2013, 5:35:31 AM7/16/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I have installed sage-5.11-beta3 and for some reason, I cannot use use easy_install anymore on the sage shell. It seems to be a problem with https. When I do sage -sh and then easy_install -U mysql-python (for example), I get this:

Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/mysql-python/
Download error: unknown url type: https -- Some packages may not be found!

I don't remember if I had this error before. But I'm sure I was able to install this package with easy_install on previous sage versions. Did anyone have some similar issues?

Thank's a lot

Viviane

P Purkayastha

Jul 17, 2013, 1:22:32 AM7/17/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Make sure you have support for SSL installed. The details are present in
the SSL section of the README.txt file in the Sage directory.

Viviane Pons

Jul 17, 2013, 9:13:01 AM7/17/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Thank's, indeed I went thought the all thing and now it works!