Re: Plot zeros of complex function

Volker Braun

Jun 10, 2013, 6:20:30 AM6/10/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Did you try e.g. complex_plot(x-abs(x), (-1,1), (-1,1))

The plot contains more information than just the region of zeroes. Usually the phase information is quite interesting. I don't think we have a function to just give you the zeroes (which is numerically difficult)

On Sunday, June 9, 2013 11:30:07 PM UTC+1, computati...@gmail.com wrote:
How do you plot the zeros of a complex function in sage? For instance, I am interested in plotting the zero sets of some complex functions with a continuous family of zeros (i.e. f(z)=z-|z|), in a way that is independent of how complicated the expression for f(z) is.

El suisse

Jun 10, 2013, 11:10:15 AM6/10/13
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
can replace z = a + bj and then solve the system of nonlinear equations Re {z} = 0 and Im {z} = 0