I would like to interface with a more recent version of PARI.

Guissmo Asuncion

Jun 17, 2021, 6:35:29 AMJun 17
to sage-support
My current SAGE installation interfaces with an installation of PARI which is from a stable version. I would like it to interface with the version of my PARI (in my machine) that is compiled from the code in the development branch. The reason for this is that the PARI developers has just fixed a bug yesterday, related to what I am doing. The fix is currently in their development branch.

Is there something I can do in init.sage to point SAGE to a specific compiled version of PARI in my system? Or perhaps I can do something else to obtain the same result?

Would I need to recompile SAGE with parameters pointing to that PARI installation every time? If so, how? I would like to avoid compiling SAGE every time I recompile PARI, but might be willing to try if desperate.

Thanks for reading!

---
'SageMath version 9.3, Release Date: 2021-05-09'
---
Operating System: Arch Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.21.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.82.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.12.9-arch1-1
OS Type: 64-bit
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × AMD Ryzen 7 2700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
Memory: 15,3 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: AMD Radeon™ Vega 3 Graphics