Cyclic Codes

GUSTAVO TERRA BASTOS

Jul 11, 2023, 4:10:34 AM7/11/23
to sage-support
Hi !

I have been facing problems to describe cyclic codes over finite extension fields. It is easy to do with GF(p), but I can´t explicit codes over GF(p^m) (noticing all the mathematical background). Anyone could provide me an example?

Best,

David Joyner

Jul 11, 2023, 4:13:49 AM7/11/23
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 4:10 AM GUSTAVO TERRA BASTOS <gtba...@ufsj.edu.br> wrote:
Hi !

I have been facing problems to describe cyclic codes over finite extension fields. It is easy to do with GF(p), but I can´t explicit codes over GF(p^m) (noticing all the mathematical background). Anyone could provide me an example?

I'm not sure what you mean by "describe" but the tutorial might help:

Best,

GUSTAVO TERRA BASTOS

Jul 11, 2023, 1:46:17 PM7/11/23
to sage-support
Firstly I define the finite extension field and the generator polynomial. Then, when I try to define/describe the cyclic code using " Cc = codes.CyclicCode(generator_pol = g, length =n)"  I got the following message: 'sage.rings.finite_rings.element_givaro.FiniteField_givaroElement' object has no attribute 'degree'.

Best

David Joyner