Let Sage recognize the location of new-installed nauty

Chin-Hung Lin

Jun 10, 2021, 4:48:27 AMJun 10
to sage-support
Hi,

I am running the CoCalc docker on an Ubuntu machine.  The system inside the container did not have `nauty` installed, so `graphs.nauty_geng` did not work.

I then use `apt install nauty` to install the app.
After installation, the app `nauty-geng` is available in the system.
However, the `graphs.nauty_geng` function seems calling the app `geng` instead of `nauty-geng`.

May I ask for some suggestions on how to set the configuration correctly so that Sage recognize the right location of `nauty`?

OS: Ubuntu 20.04
Sage: 9.2
nauty: 2.6r10, installed by apt as root of the system inside the container (but I have tested that a normal user is able to access `nauty-geng`; it seems not a permission issue, it's more like Sage cannot find the right place)

Source code of graphs.nauty_geng gives me
```
sp  = subprocess.Popen(nautyprefix+"geng {0}".format(options) ...
```
and I checked that `nautyprefix` is set as an empty string.