LattE failed to build

Sihuang Hu

Dec 18, 2017, 3:15:43 AM12/18/17
to sage-support
Hi all!
I'm trying to install LattE on sage 8.1 by using sage -i latte_int
However, it turns out that:

The following package(s) may have failed to build (not necessarily
during this run of 'make latte_int'):

* package: latte_int-1.7.3
  log file: /Applications/sage-8.1/logs/pkgs/latte_int-1.7.3.log
  build directory: /Applications/sage-8.1/local/var/tmp/sage/build/latte_int-1.7.3

* documentation: dochtml
  log file: /Applications/sage-8.1/logs/pkgs/../dochtml.log

The build directory may contain configuration files and other potentially
helpful information. WARNING: if you now run 'make' again, the build
directory will, by default, be deleted. Set the environment variable
SAGE_KEEP_BUILT_SPKGS to 'yes' to prevent this.

make: *** [latte_int] Error 1

Could you please help me with this? Thanks a lot!
BTW, I can do "from sage.interfaces.latte import count", but sage still tells me that

PackageNotFoundError: the package 'latte_int' was not found. You can install it by running 'sage -i latte_int' in a shell

Jeroen Demeyer

Dec 18, 2017, 4:03:01 AM12/18/17
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Logs please....

Sihuang Hu

Dec 18, 2017, 4:15:06 AM12/18/17
to sage-support
Thanks!

在 2017年12月18日星期一 UTC+1上午10:03:01,Jeroen Demeyer写道:
Logs please....
install.log

Jeroen Demeyer

Dec 18, 2017, 4:24:01 AM12/18/17
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

Vincent Delecroix

Dec 18, 2017, 4:32:29 AM12/18/17
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Alternative workaround: manually download the following package

https://mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/sagemath/spkg/upstream/latte_int/latte_int-1.7.3.tar.gz

and put it in the upstream/ repository in your sage install. Once done,
you should be able to run

$ sage -i latte_int

Vincent

Sihuang Hu

Dec 18, 2017, 4:56:53 AM12/18/17
to sage-support
I used : sudo sage -i latte_int and it works. Thanks.

在 2017年12月18日星期一 UTC+1上午10:24:01,Jeroen Demeyer写道:

Vincent Delecroix

Dec 18, 2017, 5:07:05 AM12/18/17
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
On 18/12/2017 09:56, Sihuang Hu wrote:
> I used : sudo sage -i latte_int and it works. Thanks.

Nobody suggested that! This is a very bad idea to use sudo here. The
permissions of your Sage installation are now messed up.

Though, if it works. Good enough.

Henri Girard

Dec 18, 2017, 6:51:49 AM12/18/17
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Don't worry at a moment or another it will crash (for example when
updating)... Don't use sudo.

I use ubuntu 18.04 and the last sage-8.1 from sagemath website (binary
64), and I do a link for /usr/bin/sage, then not need of sudo you can do
it from your user. Long time before I used sagemath from ppa but as it
is installed as sudo, made a lot of mess.

Dima Pasechnik

Dec 18, 2017, 7:56:55 AM12/18/17
to sage-support
I suggest that you change the permissions on all the files in your Sage installation back to the user account you  used to install Sage.