VirtualBox error

mowan...@bigpond.com

Apr 24, 2015, 7:32:42 PM4/24/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just downloaded the ova file for Sage 6.6 and opened it using VirtualBox (by double-clicking the file and after the file was loaded I right-clicked it and selected "Start" from the right-click menu provided) and I received the error (I am on 64 bit Windows 7, if relevant, running the latest version of VirtualBox, 4.3.26):

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Sage-6.6.

Unable to load R3 module C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox/VBoxDD.DLL (VBoxDD): GetLastError=1790 (VERR_UNRESOLVED_ERROR).

Result Code: E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component: Console
Interface: IConsole {8ab7c520-2442-4b66-8d74-4ff1e195d2b6}

How do I overcome this error?

Thanks for your time,
Brenton

Volker Braun

Apr 24, 2015, 7:46:43 PM4/24/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Are you using some sort of theming hack that modifies DLLs?

https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/13504

Brenton

Apr 24, 2015, 8:05:45 PM4/24/15
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I have, any ideas of how I can inactivate it such that this works? I used Uxthemepatch to install extra themes and I can't seem to find any uninstall options (including in Revo Uninstaller, CCleaner & Control Panel). I don't mind loosing these new themes if I gain Sage use as a result.