Impossible to launch sage after downloading the .tar.bz

Daniel

Mar 4, 2017, 11:49:05 AM3/4/17
to sage-support

Dominique Laurain

Mar 4, 2017, 1:02:32 PM3/4/17
to sage-support
I see only .tar.bz2 files here : http://www-ftp.lip6.fr/pub/math/sagemath/linux/32bit/index.html

When running sage, you start two "sage" scripts in your Linux shell environment.
I advice you to begin with debugging these scripts because it looks like you have a "user directory install" (in your home directory ~daniel).

Start with a :

sage -h
sage -root

You surely missed setting one shell environment variable, because names of files or directories in your displayed error messages are weird.

For debug purposes, add some lines like : echo "DANIEL 1 : sage root = " $SAGE_ROOT in the sage scripts

Difficult for me to help more : I have build my sage local  from sources, maybe a different way than you.
You should have written previous terminal commands (after copying the package archive) in your post...that helps people who want to help you.

Dominique