How to import a project

SiL588 .

May 19, 2014, 8:05:16 AM5/19/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I just started using sage and I previoulsy saved a project in html format. Now I want to import and edit it, but when i do it all i see is html code, and that's not what i need. I'd like to have the standard sage interface with the evaluate button and all the rest, i don't know if you understand what i mean. How do i do that? I have no idea how to move in this, please help me!
Thank you very much!

P Purkayastha

May 19, 2014, 9:12:08 AM5/19/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know, you can not import an html file.

kcrisman

May 19, 2014, 9:21:07 AM5/19/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

Hi, I just started using sage and I previoulsy saved a project in html format. Now I want to import and edit it, but when i do it all i see is html code, and that's not what i need. I'd like to have the standard sage interface with the evaluate button and all the rest, i don't know if you understand what i mean. How do i do that? I have no idea how to move in this, please help me!
Thank you very much!

I'm not sure exactly what you did, but it is true that in the Sage notebook (not cloud, not command line) there is an html file which one can find, and you might be able to almost cut and paste that into a new worksheet.  (That is, if you go to the "Edit" button; you may have to remove some html tags.)  On the other hand, if you just saved an HTML version of the page from the browser I think it would be harder.

SiL588 .

May 19, 2014, 1:05:32 PM5/19/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I did not saved it in html format on purpose, i just wanted to export the worksheet i was working on and the html format seemed the only way.