Cannot install Sage 9.2 on macOS 10.15.7 Catalina

Anscari

Mar 27, 2021, 12:58:38 PMMar 27
to sage-support

I downloaded the binary sage-9.2-OSX_10.15.7_x86_64.app.dmg in order to install SageMath 9.2 as an app on my MacBook Pro (Intel Core i7, 2015) running macOS Catalina 10.15.7. I already have SageMath 8.0 as an app, which I installed with no problem some time ago, but since I don't know of a better way to upgrade I am just trying to install the SageMath 9.2 app.

The download works fine and when I open the dmg and drag the app to 'Applications' the app starts copying just fine, but after a few minutes I get an error message saying 'The operation can't be completed because you don't have permission to access "SageMath-9.2".' and the process stops.

Screenshot 2021-03-26 at 13.18.03.png
Copying normally ^

Screenshot 2021-03-26 at 13.21.53.png

After some minutes this happens ^

Do you have any suggestions as to why this might be happening and how to solve it?

Thank you very much!

Nathan Dunfield

Mar 27, 2021, 2:01:55 PMMar 27
to sage-support
Suggest you try the version in development here:

To be clear, it's the same Sage 9.2 as you are trying to install, the "beta" refers to the packaging method.

Nathan

Anscari

Mar 28, 2021, 12:26:28 PMMar 28
to sage-support
I installed the app you suggested but when I open jupyter I find too many bugs. I am not even able to access the jupyter folder created using previous versions. :(

John H Palmieri

Mar 28, 2021, 9:25:51 PMMar 28
to sage-support
What happens if you install into another location, for example the Desktop?

Anscari

Mar 29, 2021, 4:59:13 AMMar 29
to sage-support
The same error occurs, in fact it fails at the same point - around 3.3 GB of progress.