sage_mode no longer display plots in sage-6.3beta6

Emmanuel Charpentier

Jul 20, 2014, 7:18:42 AM7/20/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
The call :
plot(sin(x),[x,0,2*pi],figsize=4)
does produce the expected plot in the notebook.

In emacs with sage_mode version 0.11, it does display the plot in a viewer window when inline plots are disabled, but displays nothing (with no error) when inline plots are enabled.

Yet another interface change ?

Emmanuel Charpentier

Jul 23, 2014, 2:26:56 PM7/23/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Bump (bug filed on the home website).

Ivan Andrus

Jul 23, 2014, 5:24:16 PM7/23/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I thought I had sent this already.

The problem was caused by the changes in trac #15515.  I’ll be looking into a fix/workaround.

Maybe I should switch from using doctest mode to using embedded mode.  I’m not sure why doctest mode was initially chosen, but I think it might make more sense.  I’m not sure how it will affect backwards compatibility though.

-Ivan

Ivan Andrus

Jul 31, 2014, 12:19:24 AM7/31/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
I switched to using EMBEDDED_MODE, so I don’t know how that will affect backwards compatibility.  So please try installing
and see if that fixes the problems (it does for me).

I would also really appreciate anyone trying it with older sage releases, but be warned that it may break (though you can downgrade again if you need to).

Thanks,
Ivan

Emmanuel Charpentier

Jul 31, 2014, 1:58:04 AM7/31/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ivan,

Le jeudi 31 juillet 2014 06:19:24 UTC+2, Ivan Andrus a écrit :
I switched to using EMBEDDED_MODE, so I don’t know how that will affect backwards compatibility.  So please try installing

This works for me too. Thank you very much...

and see if that fixes the problems (it does for me).

I would also really appreciate anyone trying it with older sage releases, but be warned that it may break (though you can downgrade again if you need to).

Ah ? As far as I know, this is a bit problematic : one cannot, to the best of my knowledge, *remove*  an spkg. One can, however,  force installation of an older version (with sage -f olderspkg).

Again, thank you very much !

--
Emmanuel Charpentier