sage-9.2 - 4 failed doctests. Plus CentOS not Fedora

David Kirkby

Mar 20, 2021, 2:32:36 PM3/20/21
to sage-support

I have a CentOs 7.8 system, which was incorrectly determined to be Fedora during the build process.

Anyway, apart from that. 4 doctests failed during "make ptestlong"

sage -t --long --random-seed=0 src/sage/doctest/forker.py  # 3 doctests failed
sage -t --long --random-seed=0 src/sage/doctest/test.py  # 2 doctests failed
sage -t --long --random-seed=0 src/sage/graphs/connectivity.pyx  # 2 doctests failed
sage -t --long --random-seed=0 src/sage/interfaces/psage.py  # 1 doctest failed
Total time for all tests: 15068.7 seconds
    cpu time: 27944.0 seconds
    cumulative wall time: 28387.6 seconds

One or two failures appear to indicate that memory could not be allocated. I find that a bit hard to believe, as this machine has 224 GB RAM, and the other things running on it were not using much RAM. So unless the doctest needs over 200 GB RAM, It seems a bit odd.

Setup here

Dell 7920 tower workstation
CentOs 7.8
2 x 26 core 2.0 GHz 8167M CPUs
224 GB RAM

The workstation was running the GIMPS software to search for Mersenne primes, so the CPU load was heavy. So I expect the doc tests were very slow.

Dave
ptestlong.log

Dima Pasechnik

Mar 20, 2021, 3:35:35 PM3/20/21
to sage-support
Hi Dave,
we don't distinguish between them, or between Debian and Ubuntu (i.e. Ubuntu is viewed as Debian).

This is only used to provide hints about packages to install.

Dima