Sage6.0 iml-1.0.3.p0 successfully installs but test fails (export SAGE_CHECK="yes")

sho...@ualberta.ca

Jan 18, 2014, 8:28:09 PM1/18/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I've searched first - http://www.sagemath.org/search.html. Also found these 4 links: http://trac.sagemath.org/search?q=FAIL+test-smallentry but didn't find anything helpful (or at least that I could understand)

I have Ubuntu 12.04 on a 64-bit MacBook-Pro (4,1) with plenty of memory and space. I've installed on prerequisites (binutils, etc...), and do have lapack, blas, and atlas installed via synaptic.

I installed ppl (Parma Polyhedra...) from source and had all options except the prolog ones (they seemed to not work for me at all), and I did use --enable-cxx.

Anyway, the problem is that the make says iml-1.0.3.p0 is sucessfully installed but fails the tests of

test-smallentry
test-largeentry

It complains of undefined symbol

cblas_dgemm

On the trac, for 5.10rc (or something just earlier than 6) I see people mentioning atlas and testing new atlas spkg. Do I have to just keep going, with

export SAGE_CHECK="no"

and then do something like

sage -f ?????

Thank you for your attention!

Brett

P.S. I'm not on a VM, but a real partition.

sho...@ualberta.ca

Jan 19, 2014, 11:10:09 AM1/19/14
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
Update: I tried the previous version of source offered for download on the main site and it complained of Conway polynomials failing (not the tests). In the error there was a complaint about cblas_hg ft

So is blas the problem?

Thanks