New Magma Calculator Interface - magma_free() needs update

Ugur

Dec 11, 2010, 6:31:51 PM12/11/10
to sage-support
As the layout of Magma's website have changed, the code for
magma_free() should be updated. Just want to bring to your attention.

Alexey U. Gudchenko

Dec 11, 2010, 8:10:49 PM12/11/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com
12.12.2010 02:31, Ugur пишет:

> As the layout of Magma's website have changed, the code for
> magma_free() should be updated. Just want to bring to your attention.

I have edit file according new redesign of Magma's website

Sage-4.6.3/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sage/interfaces/magma_free.py

In atachment there is result.

It work for example as in documentation:

> print magma_free("Factorization(9290348092384)")
[ <2, 5>, <290323377887, 1> ]

I don't understand Magma and can't know more difucult examples, so it
must be verified !!!

magma_free.py

Ugur

Dec 12, 2010, 10:40:17 AM12/12/10
to sage-support
Hey thanks for the new code. But unfortunately, if I understood
correctly, the new code just takes the last line of the output :
( E.g., compare results of magma_free('[[a,b,c]:a,b,c in [1..20] |
a^2+b^2 eq c^2 and a le b];') both in Sage and in Magma-Calc. There
might be another problem, but for the time being, I can report this
problem.
>  magma_free.py
> 3KViewDownload

Alexey U. Gudchenko

Dec 12, 2010, 11:21:55 AM12/12/10
to sage-s...@googlegroups.com

And is this (see attatched version) is correct now?

Example 1:
> magma_free('P<x> := PolynomialRing(IntegerRing());\nFactorization(x^8
- 1);')

Result is:
[
<x - 1, 1>,
<x + 1, 1>,
<x^2 + 1, 1>,
<x^4 + 1, 1>
]

Example 2:
> magma_free("Factorization(9290348092384)")

Result is:

[ <2, 5>, <290323377887, 1>

12.12.2010 18:40, Ugur пишет:

magma_free.py